A.T.T. Oct. 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.T.T. Oct. 26th

There doesn't seem to be hardly any fishing reports on here anymore, so thought I would get the ball rolling to stir up more reports from others. I know you got em. Lets have em. Anyway, Wayne and I teamed for the AAT last Saturday and while we didn't catch a bunch of fish , we had fun, which is what its all about anyway....right? Beautiful rainbow at start of tournament...not sure if was a plus or not...lol
    We elected to start on a mainlake stretch just below Hairston creek and there was a boat already on the spot we wanted to hit. So we went the opposite direction from them. I caught a non keeper on a shakeyhead (sh) in a 9' deep hole in front of a dock. From there we went back up into the right side of Pidgeon and hit some shallow rocky points and one cut that we both always have liked in the past. Nothing to show there with Wayne crankin (of course, haha) me still with the sh. We made our way up to the mouth of Plentiful and started on some laydowns and steep banks. Caught one 13" on a sh and one 15" on a jig.
    From here, we slowly working our way up into Terrys and started on some of Wayne's milk runs and a couple of mine. Wayne lost a decent fish on a crankbait half way to boat.doh. Nothing else doing. Even hit the world famous Foremost Creek area with nothing to show.
    Leaving Terrys / Foremost we hit another stretch or two on our way out and made our way up into the Anna arm where I had been doing ok on some docks in the 719 bridge area.. Think we caught another 13; there on a sh. We hit a few docks and rocks w/o a sniff.
    At this point it was about 2pm or so, with 3 keepers in the box for about 4 lbs maybe, we decided to go back down lake to some dropshot areas I usually do OK on. Pulled up to first spot nada. Second spot nada. Third spot bingo. Hit a deep dock in one of the cuts in Sturgeon Creek and Wayne immediately gets our best fish (2 lbs plus) on a crankbait. I left my d/s out on the bottom and didn't trip the bale while netting his fish. I look back and my rod and one next to it were about to go into the drink. Caught them just in time, able to reel up slack to find our 5th and final fish for the livewell. Dead sticking the d/s is the new thing. I guess lol.
    Weighed in with the 70 other boats knowing we wouldn't even be in the mix. We had 8.03 lbs. A new father / son team won with 17+ lbs. Nice. Had a blast with Wayne and his new to him Triton. Sweet boat. Thanks for the invite buddy. Until the VDFT yall stay fishy. Next!!!!!
    Lake was approx.. low on Saturday before yesterdays rain. Be safe out there.
    Last edited by Epictetus; 10-29-2019, 11:51 AM.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

WTH happened to rest of my report.? Is there a limit of # of words or something?
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Steve.
      sigpic

Comment

Didn't fish it, but took my grandson to the weigh in. He had a blast sitting right up front watching all those bass being weighed. Saw a number of y'all there and others not on this forum.

Comment

Nice job Larry and Wayne
          Make VAO Great again

Comment

Good report guys.
            1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Comment

Thanks for the report, glad you had a good day.
              sigpic

Comment

Pleasure fishing with ya Larry.
                Crank That Jank!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information