Third place report, Hangover Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third place report, Hangover Classic

All the reports were Anna was fishing tougher then normal. No surprise there. Add to that, from the first bridges up was nothing but dirty and cold water. So I figured a 12-13 pound would win the day, and a limit of any size would be a good thing...so that was my plan, to get a limit. But thats always the plan, ha.
    First stop was the flat in the back of Sturgeon Creek. We picked up three small keepers with jerk baits and proceeded to fish our way out of the creek. Next stop was the bluff wall between sturgeon and contrary. Picked up a 2-1/2 pounder on a jig there. Then ran into pigeon creek and got our last keeper. Spent the rest of the day searching for a kicker but we had no more bites after 11:00.
    So that was it. A simple plan to get five and we did...and as predicted, we won a little jingle with a 7 pound limit, with thirteen and change winning it.

Congratulations to Larry and Lee on a great win!

VAO Rocks...and so do all the men that fish it! They are the best!

Thanks guys, I had a great time as always!
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

nice work, Jim!
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats Jim. Good seeing you and Eric.
      2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
      2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
      2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
      2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
      sigpic

Comment

Nice job Jim
        Make VAO Great again

Comment

Good to see you Jim. Good work out there. Only a couple limits weighed.
          Wishin' I was fishin'...
          www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Nice work out there fellas
            Follow me on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8q...confirmation=1

Comment

Working...
            X