FOM VA East 3/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOM VA East 3/2

Eddie Griggs and I decided to fish the series this year and I was cautiously optimistic about this tournament. Had a good practice 2 weeks before and the week before had an ok practice. This is Anna so no guarantees. Our first stop of the morning did not produce which surprised me. On our second stop, Eddie felt like he was reeling in a stick but when it got to the boat it was about a 4-5 lb bass. When he realized it was a fish it was too late and the fish came off. Ugh that hurt for sure! We went to our 3rd spot and on back to back casts Eddie catches a 4+ lber and a small keeper on a swimbait. Then nothing. We bounced around and returned to our starting point. I end up catching a 5 lber and another small keeper there on a crankbait. We decided to hit a winter time spot after that and Eddie catches our 5th keeper which weighed 6.60 lbs on a swimbait. That would be our last bite of the day at about 10:45. Rest of the day was dead for us. We ended up with 19.60 lbs and finished 2nd with big fish. We will take that and move on to Kerr!

I can't go into too much detail on spots other than they had rock and deep water close by. Most of the bites were 4-6' deep. The big fish was maybe 10' deep. We didn't get many bites but the ones that did bite had the bait choked. We were fishing for bigger fish and didn't expect a lot of bites though. Lucky to get 3 good ones in the boat. Big shout out to Natron! He's taught me a lot on that lake and he deserves a lot of credit for our success this past weekend! Thanks buddy!

Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

A great bag of fish, doods. Well done!
    sigpic

Comment

Good job, fellas!

Comment

Awesome bag! Seriously jealous here.

Comment

Nice job guys!
          Make VAO Great again

Comment

Well done men, fantastic bag and for Anna something to be proud of. Good luck on Kerr
            2017 Ironman winner
            2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Congratulations Guys. A fantastic day! With two events on the chick this year you guys are going to have a fantastic year. Keep the heat on em guys! God bless!
              2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
              2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

Slaunches. Nice bag fellas. Keep up the good work.
                2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
                2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
                2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
                2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
                "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                sigpic

Comment

Very Nice Fellas.
                  One Lap Race..

Comment

One day, one day....I'll have one of those days. Great job fellas.
                    Wishin' I was fishin'...
                    www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X