• Show
Clear All

• Lake Anna Fishing Report Fish Tales Open - 3.3.19

Click image for larger version

Name:	Anna 3.3.19.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	98500

My brother and I decided to jump in the open tournament this past weekend out of Anna Point. This was this first time we had fished Anna together in 6 years and were not optimistic given the cold, drizzly forecast and the predicted east wind. Well, the forecast was indeed spot on and the wind did blow from the east, fishing was tuff and the bites were few and far between.

We started the day in the mid-lake region and caught our biggest fish pretty early on a crankbait, it came in around 7 pounds. From here we ran down lake venturing as far as dukes creek and we were able to pick up two more fish, one a jerkbait and crankbait. The jerkbait fish was around 5 pounds and the crank bait fish was dink. It was about 11:30 when we landed the smaller fish and three bites were all we were able to muster to this point.

Around noon we started working our way back up lake and we were able to pick up another 5.5 pounder on a crank bait in the mid-lake region around 2 o'clock. From here we ran up to the Jetts Island area and hit a secondary point and we were get two strikes but neither fish connected. With time running out we finished our day mid-lake and was able to hook up one more smaller fish but it pulled off.

We finished the day with 19 pounds which was good enough for the win. Very happy to get the win but mostly just enjoyed being on the water with my brother. It was disappointing not to get the 5th fish and bring in a limit but that is just how it goes on Anna sometimes....

Notes: Midlake seems to be the best area right now but that will change in the next week or so. The water is cold but the longer days have the fish pretty shallow. The jerkbait bite for suspending fish has almost died out completely. Water temps at Stubbs bridge were right around 44, Midlake was around 46 and down lake at dukes it was right around 47. The temps did not vary too much, likely due to an outage at the power plant.
    "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane"

- Waylon Jennings

no doubt about it you got the cold water bite dialed in at Anna...
    Make VAO Great again

Comment

Unbelievable. You guys rock. Nice to see Ben out fishing again.
      2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
      2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
      2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
      2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats Nate, you guys got the cold water bite figured out on that pond for sure.
        One Lap Race..

Comment

Very nice dudes. I might be a little jealous at those skills.
          Wishin' I was fishin'...
          www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Congrats fellas!

Comment

Sweet, congrats on some more Natron beasts. I had thought of fishing it but with the dismal day I had Saturday and the rain forecast I decided I was just gonna enjoy a good breakfast with family and get a few things done with my son.
              2017 Ironman winner
              2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

How many boats turned out Nate?
                2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
                2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
                2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
                2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
                "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman View Post
                  How many boats turned out Nate?
                  I want to say there was about 9 boats, but not exactly sure. Definitely not more than 10.
                  "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane"

- Waylon Jennings

Comment

Great job Nate! That place is tough but you have it figured out! Well done!
                    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Great report Nate. Thanks. Well done.
                      1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information