Wet Line Production Tx 7-13-19 @ LKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Line Production Tx 7-13-19 @ LKA

Lee and I have not been at Anna for a while, nor had we been to the Wet Line Production Charity Series since May. Scott and Teresa put on a fine event and help out a lot of local charities in the process. That said, we wanted to make at least an appearance to show our support. A total of 15 boats showed and while we did not have a plan, we knew we wanted to take advantage of any available topwater by targeting shady places we knew of close by. We helped a fellow boater retrieve his boat that had floated away from the dock, so we were the last boat out. We immediately said, "why not go into the back of Sturgeon Creek, to check things out". Well Preston & Larry had the same idea, but they stopped short on the last SCM dock and we idled past them. We started throwing topwaters...(me a Sammy and Lee a spook).
    I immediately hooked up on a chunky 2 lber on the Sammy and we continued on back past the camp ground. We went waaaayyyy shallow up against the grass and by then Lee had switched to a buzzbait. He caught 3 more with that helped us...all about 1.5 lbs. We headed out of the creek and of course High Point brushpiles and docks are always a good stop early on a Saturday morning after the High Point Friday Night tournaments. I quickly caught another 2 lber on a drop shot rounding out our limit. By then we were losing shade quickly and made a run to a cove in Pidgeon with no luck. After that we headed to a long creek we like just up from Rose Valley that has produced good frog bites in the grass in the past on the shady side. I'm throwing the jig around docks and Lee the frog in the grass. I get a good bite on the jig , set the hook and line breaks.....^&*&%$$. With no joy in there, we start hopping to spots between there and C-Run. Lee caught a dink or two that didn't help and I lose another one on the jig on a big shaded dock. (See the pattern here....SHADE). Anyway.....we cruise on down to our usual spot across from the plant to finish out and I miss another one at the boat with the jig. My fault here as I was dragging the jig slowly across bottom and never got a good hookset. We headed in and Scott had asked for our help with the weigh in as some of his usual crew were working. I helped Teresa with weigh in sheets and Lee with picture taking. All in all, we finished in 4th place one spot out of the $$ with 8.44 lbs. 15+ lbs won by Steve and Bobby Campbell. They are on a roll. Until next time....Anna awaits.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

Nice report. I'll be fishing the SHADE this weekend with my grandson in the 98+ temps.

Comment

nice report Larry. I was gonna fish this weekend, but 100+ temps...woof.....
      cheers,
      Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
      Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
        nice report Larry. I was gonna fish this weekend, but 100+ temps...woof.....
        Yes sir. I agree. Was thinking about another Friday Weekday Series....but too darn hot.
        2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
        2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
        2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
        2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
        sigpic

Comment

I see they postponed this weekend, probably a smart move.

Great report Larry - lots of insight.

Comment

Working...
          X