Perfect Dock GPS Location N 38 07.058 X W 77 50.540

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Dock GPS Location N 38 07.058 X W 77 50.540

This is about as close as you can get to a text book example of a perfect location for big bass. This dock has it all. It sits on a small point near two coves just off a main lake channel. It has a funnel area and a line of stumps leading almost right underneath it next to a bluff bank. I took a bass close to six pounds from it this past Nov. It is only a matter of time before a citation bass is caught from this dock. I spent about 20 minutes working this dock over with jigs, wacky rigs, senkos, and finesse worm. I then began to work it over flipping a KVD, ½ Oz spinner bait. After about six casts I hooked up with a bass close to six lbs. It came from underneath the platform nearest the bank on the end of it over 20 foot of water. This bass was definitely suspended about two foot down. I hit this dock 3 times during the Lake Anna Cup but didn’t get bit. GO Figure. Don’t you just hate it when that happens? When I am searching for good locations I mark areas just like this on my map and when I hit the water I go check them out. It really helps my confidence for planning tournament strategies. Check it out on a good Lake Anna map guys because this is what you need to be looking for. Good Luck guys! More coming soon.

Just1more
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Here is a high level map of the area

Comment

Big boat house

If it's the same one that I am thinking of it is a big bluish grey boat house... I have also caught some quality fish off of that dock. There are all kinds of things working for it... there are some nearby brush piles and open water structure as well.

The only problem is that it really gets pounded on the weekends, so hit it on a day during the week without a lot of boats out if possible.

Here's another satellite pic if it helps
      Attached Files
      www.hookedonlakeanna.com
      540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

OK now if you need more help then what Jim (just1more) and Charlie have given you then I dont know what will help...

Comment

I messed up big time guys Sorry! Here is the correct numbers and a big thanks to Striper and Charlie for getting me stright. The dock I am speaking of is on the Pomonkey side of the splits too but almost immediately after you bear right at the splits it is the first dock you come to on the left bank. N 38 06 586 X W 77 50.540

sigpic

Comment

Darn!

Yeah, me too... the blue boat house is a dead hole :D

I've never caught anything but a cold at that spot....LOL

As a matter of fact you should never try to flip Yammamoto grubs around the pilings... it would be a waste of time. especially if there is an LAPR tourney that day. ;)
            www.hookedonlakeanna.com
            540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

Awesome recovery Charlie. I was wondering how you were going to do that. Too cool! And thanks!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Diffent spot

I actually thought that we may be talking about 2 different spots... Because the deeper water is further away from the Blue boat house but there are some stumps... Is the one your talking about made of aluminum? That whole area is covered in huge stumps. Never really focused on the dock too much. I think it just went in about 2 years ago.
                www.hookedonlakeanna.com
                540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

This one?

I think this is the one... that whole area is littered with root balls and stumps.. I've donated a fair bit of tackle to it
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Charlie Bowles; 01-25-2008, 12:28 PM. Reason: picture
                  www.hookedonlakeanna.com
                  540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

Yea I believe so. If I rember right it has an upper deck that has like a steel frame to it. Right now its hard for me to remember because I am so focused on the water line. I have spent allot of time out in that deep water in front of the blue boat house Vertical Jigging for stripers and hugh silver perch. If I remember right there is an underwater point that runs out from that bank about 16 foot deep with deep water on both sides.

sigpic

Comment

yup thats the one..

Now were on the same page. Both areas are good ones at the right times. I'll check back in later. I'm going to head out for a little while
                      www.hookedonlakeanna.com
                      540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

Now folks - I hope you all listened to what these two have had to say about the spot...

Comment

Thats the one Charlie, thanks for the help with the picture.

sigpic

Comment

I love this message board!!!!
                            sigpicFISH-ON Giggity...

Comment

Does anyone know if it is possible to enter the lake anna cup without fishing in one of the three or four tournaments that they picked last year field from? I'm not involved this year with tournaments due to time constraints but would like to fish in the cup.

Keep following the lake shore around to the rip rap by the bridge. I caught 2 last year just off the first tree. One was 7-4 the other was just over 5#. The 7-4 one was caught pre-fishing in fishers-of-men last march. I was all but skunked the day of the tournament, figures!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X