Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 26th Fishing Report

Splits water Temp 41*, 50* at the Dam and Clear

Caught Herring and picked my clients up at High Point at 7:30 this morning and searched for fish. There is a good shad kill going on with the gulls picking up the previous nights kill early in the morning with no birds working fish. We cruised for an hour and I did not see what I wanted to see on my Lowrance so I decided to move to a warmer water temp and put out my spread of 8 Planner boards , a bobber and 4 downlines all rigged with Herring. We worked flats from 20 to 30 feet deep seeing fish constantly but they were not posisitioned in the water column to feed. We worked the flats for an hour or so and once I saw the fish rising I moved up to a shallower flat and the fun began. We had 20 hits within a 2 hour period, 6 hits within 3 minutes. We caught plenty of fish with the largest being 34 inches, broad sholders and FAT, somewhere between 18 and 19 pounds, caught by my client Steve Gross. For more info on the trip check out my journal on my web page at www.jimhemby.com
    Jim Hemby - Lake Anna Striper Guide
    [email protected]

Nice fish

Hey Jim,
    Nice fish... We were in the same area... Caught a bunch of fish but no monsters. Did loose a good one on a Jerk bait though
    www.hookedonlakeanna.com
    540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X