9-15 Striper Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-15 Striper Report

Not much to report today. Fished from 7am - 11. Water temps continue to drop as my humminbird was showing 80.8 degrees. Caught 8, but no size. Everything was between 16-19 inches. Was still fun to put a bend in the rod and is nice to have the lake back from the summer crowd.

At least you caught some! I got skunked on Friday...............

Comment

They were very scattered yesterday. There were small schools here and there around SP and Jetts, but no large concentration of good fish from what I could tell.

Comment

I should have some time to get out tomorrow or friday, have yall been using artificial or live bait?

Comment

artificial...........

Comment

Haha, sorry curly I guess i knew you were using artificial, wasn't sure about sylvan. I tried pulling a large size castable umbrella and a sort-of tandem rig with chartreuse shads, plus the usual redfin / bucktail combo a week or two ago but diddnt catch anything. I was running the umbrella and tandem rig off of downriggers using stainless cable, and I wonder sometimes if the noise from the cable throws them off. I might try switching to braided line on the downriggers and see if anything changes. Im using mono on my rods right now also and im wondering if its not letting the redfins run as deep as they should and i should switch to braid.

Comment

Mark, I also run artificials. If you go to one of my August reports, I posted a picture of the rig I've been going with. I pull a mini umbrella rig that i ordered from Striper Sniper tackle and load it with 5 3/8 ounce bucktails with worm trailer. I also just started experimenting with the Capt Macks Mini Mack that produced some fish for me last weekend. I like the mini rigs because I can control the depth better than I could with the larger umbrellas. I will run these on leadcore about 4 colors out which I know puts my rigs right at about the 20 ft mark. I've tried the redfins, but havent had the results like Curly gets with them.

Comment

I ended up going out friday morning, i got out too late to get bait using lights (already sunrise) so ended up going all the way to stubbs bridge before i caught some. I fished downlines in rose valley, near the 208 bridge, and near the splits but never caught anything but catfish. A friend of mine said he caught a few on planer boards above stubbs bridge real early before the fog lifted but he said the bite died after that. I live up in the cove on the downlake side if the 208 bridge (mitchell creek) and when i was trying to get bait first thing in the morning there seemed to be a good school of fish that i bet if i had bait i would have caught some. Just never found a school that looked like that after i had bait. I need to get up earlier in the morning next time...

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information