05-02-20 Striper Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05-02-20 Striper Report

Got on the water around 7:00 am on Saturday and fished until 11. Knew it was going to be a pretty good morning when I was letting line out at our first spot and before I even put the rod in the holder it got slammed! Ended up landing a nice fat 21" keeper male. We were able to follow that up with a 22" keeper and then had to let a 19 & 18" go. Water temp was 60, and was marking most fish in 25 - 30 fow.

It was a little quiet where we were fishing so we pulled up lines and went to move spots. Put the engine in gear and went to throttle it, but we weren't moving.... Trimmed the engine up to find out the prop had fallen off...... Didn't even think to check the cotter pin before the trip so it must have fallen off at some point in the morning. Put the trolling motor down and slowly made our way back to the ramp. Luckily I have a spare prop and kit at home, but still stinks to have a trip cut short. Oh well, just another item to add to the pre-trip checklist next time!

Glad to see that you were able to make it back safely...........................

Comment

Working...
    X

Debug Information