LKA Stripers evening of 7-18 with Benjamin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LKA Stripers evening of 7-18 with Benjamin

Benjamin got here late afternoon for 5 days. We got on the water around 7:30 pm and fished until a little after 9. First fish was a 19 inch hybrid. Benjamin struggled a little because it would run like a freight train. But he eventually got it in the boat.

It went back into the lake since it was an inch short, but was almost as wide as Benjamin.
    Next fish was a 21 inch striper on the way back rod. Took a while for him to boat this one too as we were dodging some boat traffic.

Filleted this one back at the dock for fish tacos later this week.

Nice job Curly
    Make VAO Great again

Comment

nice work, curls. have you thought about doing the Legacy Series FoM events w/ benjamin???
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 31Airborne View Post
        nice work, curls. have you thought about doing the Legacy Series FoM events w/ benjamin???
        He lasts maybe an hour bass fishing, before he gets tired of casting. Still scrawny arms on that 10 year old. Maybe when he gets a little older and some meat on his arms?

Comment

Evening #2:
          Started around 8:30 and ended around 9:30. Benjamin and Grandma each caught a nice keeper! A little chilly in the dark.

Comment

Real nice Curly

Comment

Pretty fish, good job

Comment

Evening #3:
                Benjamin and I got out at 7:30 and ended at 9:15. Four keepers and one throw back. Was a good evening of fishing..........and catching.

Comment

Nice work Curly! Freezer's probably looking real good this week

Comment

Evening #4:
                    The evening bite is still on. Got Benjamin and my wife on the water a little after 7:30. Within 5 minutes we had a double hookup. Both were keepers.

Fished until 9:30 and caught a couple more keepers and also lost 3-4 more.

That's 12 keepers total in the last 4 evenings.

Comment

Now I'm tempted to have the boat hooked up to the truck and head down after work.... Taco Salads still the ticket? Just ordered a few online to try whenever I can find time to get back on the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
                        .... Taco Salads still the ticket?
                        Yup!

Comment

Working...
                        X