Jan 1-5 LKA tough week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 1-5 LKA tough week

Just bad juju this week. All throwbacks and no keepers so far. Took Ellen out with me today to change things up. Still no keepers. Ellen caught a few jumbo perch that we kept for fish tacos. Pic below is not a jumbo...........

Best I could manage was a jumbo perch and this 19" throwback hybrid.

Maybe tomorrow will be better?
    I do know that some other folks have had better luck this week............

nice work even without the keeps - you're on them.
    sigpic

Comment

From everybody I talked to who regularly are out there after have been struggling as well. This winter is nothing like last winter, I may have to go back to hunting next year.
      2017 Ironman winner
      2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Has anyone been having any luck? I havent been out in a little while, and wont for a while, accidently broke my femur snowboarding. Should have stuck with fishing this winter... as soon as i can get around good enough again hopefully ill spend a lot of time out.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the leg Mark. Wind, rain, or sub-freezing temps have kept me off the water since the first week of Jan.........and probably will keep me off for a while if the 10-day forecast is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Markofboxaw View Post
            Has anyone been having any luck? I havent been out in a little while, and wont for a while, accidently broke my femur snowboarding. Should have stuck with fishing this winter... as soon as i can get around good enough again hopefully ill spend a lot of time out.
            Breaking a femur is no joke, hopefully you can get back up soon

Comment

Thanks; yeah its definitely the worst injury ive iver had. Im stuck inside for now, and probably will be for a few more weeks. Im hoping to fish the lake vicariasly through this forum until i can get back out myself if yall dont mind lol. Heres a before and the after surgery pics of my leg, it had a smaller more difficult to see crack in the femoral head is the reason for the second nail going toward the hip i think. Doc said ill go back to 100% though!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	9882DB54-525F-4CB9-9CCD-D7804E8522B4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	97055Click image for larger version

Name:	1DC27474-848F-424E-81D9-B3274D7B19EC.jpeg
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	97056Click image for larger version

Name:	5C76A039-A91B-4AA3-B30A-3EF73BBE7AAF.jpeg
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	97057