3-8 And then a Miracle Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-8 And then a Miracle Happened

Got on the water early and headed to where I marked fish yesterday. Found them again.

Then it started snowing............

So I figured this would turn them on.............Not
    Jigged in their faces for 3 hours in overcast snowy conditions. Then at about 11am, it quit snowing and the sun came out (for about 30 minutes) :confused:. BAM....hooked up with a 19' throwback. Five minutes later a fat 23+" crushed my 1 oz rattle trap.

A little later, another 19" throwback. The sun then disappeared and it started snowing again until around noon. Fished until about 2:30 when the radar was showing heavy snow approaching.....so I got off the water. Good thing I did......at least an inch here in Mineral in less than an hour already.

The few that are biting are definitely eating good, congrats on finding a few.
    sigpic

Comment

Good outing.
      1st Place VA East FOMNTT Potomac River 2006, VA East FOMNTT Big Bag 2006, VAO Frog Only Tournament Winner 2011

Comment

I've had some amazing days in the snow. nice work!
        sigpic

Comment

Curly—my son and I just bought our first boat together. I live in Alexandria and my son lives in Henrico. We are planning our first fishing trip and are looking at Lake Anna. We are very experienced walleye fishermen and want to try our hand at fresh water stripers. We are planning on staying at Lake Anna State Park. Any suggestions for our first striper outing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightfoot View Post
            Curly—my son and I just bought our first boat together. I live in Alexandria and my son lives in Henrico. We are planning our first fishing trip and are looking at Lake Anna. We are very experienced walleye fishermen and want to try our hand at fresh water stripers. We are planning on staying at Lake Anna State Park. Any suggestions for our first striper outing?
            Lightfoot, welcome aboard! Thought I would throw in my 2 cents as I moved from Minnesota to VA and grew up exclusively walleye fishing. One of the things I've been trying to do is incorporate the methods I grew up using on the great lakes and applying them to striper. Some methods that are easy to transfer over are trolling deep diving plugs. This is a great way to start and cover a lot of water on Anna. I'd recommend buying a few deep diving Redfins, thundersticks, and husky jerks. I also do quite a bit of leadcore trolling running swimbaits and bucktails. Once you get on top of an active school, drop a spoon or a fluke /ighead combo and work them until the school moves. Hope this helps

Comment

What Sylvan says.......

Comment

Has anyone been out recently? I havent been in a week or two, im going out tomorrow morning hopefully though. I may just try and catch crappie, i heard the 208 and stubbs bridge are doing really well right now for those, but i havent heard anything about striper lately.

Comment

Have not been out since the 8th. Going to try and get down this Tuesday or Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                  X