Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Side Stripers

Posted by badtyler

need some help with locating the stripers on the warm side...
    i know the fish are more likely to be aggressive with
    lower temps so i have been staying in the pond 3 area
    but haven't had any luck trolling and i'm not trying not to get in any ones way, but i would like to land one or two..is the water
    clarity working against me? i am thinking of giving it a go on
    sunday any tips would be appreciatred.

Posted by Dinger

I would the guide Jim Hemby or Teddy Carr they are two pretty good guys with info on the lake

Comment

I was told there are no stripers on the hot side.
      Kirk
      sigpic

Comment

Stripers are on the hot side

I haven't done any striper fishing on the hot side in years (usually chasing bass when I'm over there) so i don't have a lot of pointers other than the basics... your graph is your best friend.... look for schools of bait and striper should be near... use 4" pearl swim baits or jerk baits... low light will be more productive.

The two sides of the lake are not completely separate... Fish can pass underneath the bridge at the dike.... Many years ago I can remember catching Striper with my Dad and his friend in the winter.... they have worked at the power plant for over 20 years and spent plenty of time after work catching bass and striper on the "employees only" section of the hot side.
        www.hookedonlakeanna.com
        540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

this must be at the discharge canal.
          that is the only thing I miss about the nuke station!!
          sigpicFISH-ON Giggity...

Comment

Stripers: (HotSide) Everyone knows at the discharge, usually on over cash days in the Fall on topwater, when they are schooling. Sometimes in the #1 canal,(usually 4-8 pounds) when surfacing, watch the birds. #1 near the canal on the rocky points (early morning or late afternoon) or on#1 dyke where the long shallow point comes out about 3/4 of the way down the Rip-Rap, (Use you LCR to locate it, also good for bass). #2 "Elk Creek after you go through the bridge on #652 (Kentucky Springs Rd.) you will see a long rocky point with an obstruction marker on you left that has a wooden seawall on the shore, (remember LOW Light conditions are the key) as the water is so warm. We caught them (small ones about 1-1/2 pounds) while fishing this past Summer for "Catfish". Guess what we caught them on, "CHICKEN LIVERS" of all things, in #1 (Sedges Creek) at Aspen Hill Sub-Division at the association dock. We had a hard time keeping them off that bait! That enough to keep you busy for a day. God, bless.
            sigpic

Comment

Charlie, I gave them some other ways to catch them and places, you have the bait for most of them. I find they are a fast moving fish and usually hit an active bait. The stripers tend to be smaller on the "Hotside", my biggest is 13-1/2 pounds over there. I caught her while fishing for bass on a "buzzbait" in about 14 ft. of water in Millpond Creek on the long shallow point on the left before the 652 bridge. You are correct when you say to use your electronics, they are the key, unless you catch them schooling. Find the bait- Find the fish. God bless, Hawgman
              sigpic

Comment

wanted to go today but weather reporters talked me out of it....next time i will listen to my gut....tomorow, hopefully the winds will be low and i will try then....
                sigpic
                sigpic

Comment

unfortunately I think the wind is suppose to be up bad

Comment

Stripers are most certainly on the hot side.
                    This time of the year you can find them in the flats at the end of the discharge canal.
                    As well as big cats and lunker largeMouth.
                    sigpicFISH-ON Giggity...

Comment

Working...
                    X