No announcement yet.

Rat L Traps on the river..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats some great info, thanks for the help. I was giving a old MH 7ft rod with a code reel on it, all I have for braid is 65 lb to put on it.

Comment

Fishing close cover 5'6"-6' med., open water 6'6"-7'med- medheavy fast action. Line 12-15# test mono, 20# test works well if the grass is high because its bouyant and helps keep the trap up without having to have a long rod or cranking at moc 10. you may chose braid but find trap fishing not necessary unless the grass is real heavy, with that I chose another bait because there's nothing worse than cleaning grass off after each cast.
      2017 Ironman winner
      2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

I use 7'6" MH with 50lbs braid for traps and it seems to work pretty good for me.

Van

Comment

I use a 7'6 heavy BPS bionic blade and a BPS tourney series reel. It's a great all around rod for everything. It has a fast tip so it'll chunk the heck out of a trap.

Comment

Other than the proper rod length/action and heavy braid there is one more piece of the puzzle. A FLOATING TRAP.

Comment

jayt. your last line, trebles and broomsticks..i wish i could have grasped that concept when i was a little younger...might of had a few less "the one that got away" stories

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne P. View Post
                Other than the proper rod length/action and heavy braid there is one more piece of the puzzle. A FLOATING TRAP.

+1.....the floater has been flying under the radar for a long time.
                Jr.

sigpic

Comment

I got 1 floater terrible lure doesn't work well and never caught a fish on it
                  2017 Ironman winner
                  2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Originally posted by Onefishaway View Post
                    +1.....the floater has been flying under the radar for a long time.
                    Don't forget, and I'll regret this, the suspending trap. You can buy them or take a floater and add suspend strips.....great as a jerkbait and has a profile difference they are not used to....
                    cheers,
                    Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
                    Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Well I have thrown floating traps around dead fall and have had lots of success doing so.

Comment

I never thought of a suspending trap. I like it, Thanks..

Comment

no leader... interesting. I will have to try that, i've always used floro leaders.

Comment

Working...
                          X