No announcement yet.

Steve and Bill's Excellent Adventure !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve and Bill's Excellent Adventure !!

Me and squire went out with teddy carr today. we had a ball, caught fish and learned alot. Squire had an awesome day and I faired pretty well although Teddy made me quick release my huge gar. HA HA. Disappointed we did not get to fish the "famous" dock because of the wind. It was cranking out of the north and made the river rough. We caught a bunch of fish and what they consider dinks up there you would take all day at LKA.

oh yea the geico rig is pretty sweet !!!

sigpic

CHUCK n DUCK

Very Cool Deal

Thanks for posting pics and a recap of the day....
    Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250
    sigpic

Comment

Great story and pics. Thanks for sharing.

I woulda loved to have seen the gar.

B
      sigpic

Comment

Catching big bass while saving on insurance - what a deal! Applaud

Comment

Well, Bill and I launched out of Hope Springs around 7am today (wednesday, April 29th). Since I am new to this area of the river, I'll leave it up to either one of them to say where.

Net/Net....Long live grass and Wakebaits, Spinnerbaits, and Mann's minus 1. Pictures will be available sometime soon, but Bill, Teddy and I all had 4+ pounders, Bill even hooked a very large Gar (est 15+ lbs) that came off near the boat (Teddy wanted nothing to do with that in his boat, but WE DID :-)

I had a monster hit, run with my lure with all of us looking on before it came unbuttoned. I was throwing for the first time the King Kong Custom Painted Swimbait I bought on this forum during winter from Striper, and man, shook me up and Teddy yelled at me and smacked me with his hat for missing it as he said I could have made him some money had I landed it :+0 (something to do with future business based on the photo's....don't get it but....))))

Anyway, Bill and I thought it might have been an 8 plus pound Snakehead, but Teddy is sure it was a monster bass, in the 8ish pound range. I did catch a 3lber on it later on, but almost all of my 5 and 4 lbers (yes multiple) came on the jointed wakebait in a natural color. Bill caught toads on KVD Sexy shads and Mann's minus-1 and Teddy caught toads on spinnerbaits, minus-1's, and even a dinger, all in all, we all got limits plus.

Listen, I will go out with Teddy in the future as a regular. He is fun to be with, tells lots of stories that are incredibly interesting, shares his thinking about baits, sizes, colors, locations (why are we here at this moment information), etc.....If he is catching fish, he sits down and makes sure he is not catching your fish.....wow....I have discovered what alot of you all already know, he is a hell of a guide and fisherman, and just a damned nice guy to spend a day on the water with.

Btw, fished with Bill for the first time today......Yo, Gman and Striper and whoever else does the odds making for the upcoming tourny....this guy can fish, can cast, thinks very well, and loves to catch fish on lures his wife bought him so he can tell her how well the lures she bought work for (smart girl, the KVD Sexy Shad kit) him....Poor guy, gonna be happily married with that women for a long time.....LOL

Anyway, Teddy + Bill equals an incredible :Toast:day on the water....

Striper, we should figure out a date and book Teddy soon.....:Agree:
          cheers,
          Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
          Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Steve...looks like you three had a geart time. Nice fish. You need to do a better job with the pictures though. I can't tell where you were based on the background....LOL
            2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
            2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
            2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
            2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
            sigpic

Comment

Steve I told you that it would be a blast, and oh yea... do you agree that you won't be missing LKA?? thought so.
              sigpic
              VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Comment

Originally posted by JayT View Post
                Steve I told you that it would be a blast, and oh yea... do you agree that you won't be missing LKA?? thought so.
                Yes, LKA will no longer be my primary home....just a matter of boat logistics.....need a covered place with electricity close to the River....
                cheers,
                Steve

sigpic

Comment

Wait until June 15th, thats when all thoes big mamas start fasting and shrink down to 11 and 3/4 inches long, LOL.
                  I am so glad you guys got to enjoy the Potomac with one of VA's best. Well done!
                  2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
                  2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman View Post
                    Steve...looks like you three had a geart time. Nice fish. You need to do a better job with the pictures though. I can't tell where you were based on the background....LOL
                    Just for you Dirtman.....grass flats on the left of Aquia as you leave, above the spawning dock there. Bass were POST Spawn and scattered mainly. We tried Potomac Creek, the marshes there, but not much and due to Tide and Wind, Bill and I got quite the nasty ride. Teddy and Bill had things hit there and I had the monster hit on the Strike King Kong bait, but nearly all the damage was the area (apologize for the lack of knowledge to describe it better) at the mouth to the past the no wake...several other boats were hitting it and Teddy said it is in its waning compared to a couple weeks ago when it was pre-spawn....but the bite was on averate 3+ lbs, so we stayed (it was comfortable, out of the wind and in the grass :-)

The only reason I think I caught a few more is the bait I was using ran shallower than Bills series 3 KVD Sexyshad and he spent more time cleaning grass off the trebles than I did, thus I got more casts in. Mine just nipped the tops mostly....We both got bit on smaller baits and more natural colors....

The Perch were THICK in Potomac Creek area....
                    cheers,
                    Steve

sigpic

Comment

that is true - in my feverish casting I managed to break the lip off the only minus 1 I had - which teddy gave me to use, so as my punishment I had to throw my sexy shad the rest of the day. It ran about 4" too deep. I am not complaining though. A dt fat did the same - definitely want a shallow running wake bait. chrome & black. I would have given my left arm for an original rapala f7. I bet they would kill it. and i took no rapalas with me.
                      sigpic

CHUCK n DUCK

Comment

good fishing

:ROFL:what? no f7? Bill, bill,bill..... Never leave home without your favorite bait! Still caught some good fish... Now you can take me to the potomac.... lol, I need to have another appearance in your log!
                        sigpic
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X