potomac july 3rd report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potomac july 3rd report

hit the river this mornring with my best friend and my wife for alittle topwater action. Launched at leeslyvania at first light and headed to mattawoman. started busting fish right away, my buddy caught the 2 biggest of the day in the first 15 minutes. a 5.8 and a5.1. i managed several 2 to 3 lbers.
    around 9 the action slowed so i moved to a sandy shoreline with scattered submerged rocks and started cathing them again., i got lucky and caught a 4.1 and a 4.6 on back to back casts. and then finished our limit with a 4.3 right before we put it on the trailer at 10:30. with a 5 fish limit of 23.9 according to my scales/
    conclusion: they wanted the frog worked real aggressive then stopped. the thicker the grass the better, and it had to be clean and clear.
    mike c
    sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Good job, Mike.......I could not get a frog bite going this AM. Fished the Squire / 31 get together out of Hope Springs until noon. My best five were all caught on Craw papy's and went maybe 10 lbs. Did not hit any real thick grass. Maybe that's the ticket now.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

Comment

I am glad to here someone is catching them, lol. Well done Mike. Same with me Larry, had three pushing the 3 pound mark but maybe 13 pounds for the day. No top water action at all. Everything came from flipping senkos in holes in the grass between Acapo beach and North Arkindale, but very tough to get the bites.
      2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
      2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

Hey great job Mike, B and I caught alot today but no big ones. But were good fish for the James. Though I do know that the James can produce large fish.
        2017 Ironman winner
        2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

i hope the topwater bite come back by saturday morning. im heading out of hopesprings in the morning for some action.
          I had a friend of mine go out of hopesprings this morning and she nailed a very largew fish on top, it looked to be in the upper 5 lower 6 class. but im not sure of the time she caught it
          mike c
          sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

Do you know what time Mike? I pulled into Aquia about 1230 to check a spot and it was active but it was a small area and and there was a woman and a guy fishing it so I kept my distance. After about 20 to 30 min I watched her nail a nice toad on top water. You could tell it made her day and that gal can fish.

sigpic

Comment

that was them im sure, she fishes the wpt tour and does decent, my guess from the pictures they sent me is they were not in her boat but his which is a white triton.
              mike c

p.s. they had 3 over 5 lbs and 6 in the 4 lb class. they were happy
              sigpic

Comment

I bet they were, lol

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X