7-26 River report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-26 River report

Jimmy bo bob Sutton and I went out today for some fun fishing and to get ready for the 1st of Aug. Hit the water at 0600 and got off at 1400. Started out on the Beach at Aquia and it was slow at first but then we got into a bunch of 13 inch fish and it was fun for awhile. After about 3 hours of catching small fish we ran over to Arkandale. It took about 2 hours to finally find some solid fish and we got two good bites. One was a 4 1/2 and another one 5 1/2. Nothing today on senko's or wacky. All fish came on the KVD spinner bait and top water. We caught about thirty fish all together and our best 5 would weigh in at 16 1/2 to 17 pounds. A pretty good day considering. Jim caught the 5 1/2 pounder but he'll pay for it, I'm sure, lol. He was supposed to only fish untill noon and we didn't get off the water until 2:00. I'm thinking dog house, lol. See you guys on the water.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

i had similar results but i got off the water at 10am, all on top or chatterbait.
    should be interesting to see what kind of weight the lapr guys have.
    mike c
    sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

http://www.laprbass.com/results.php?t=112
      sigpic

Comment

Uh OH......JayT zero'd. We will have hell to pay this coming week.
        2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
        2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
        2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
        2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
        sigpic

Comment

I bet him and Gman had some they didn't weigh. Can't imagine that totally zeroed.
          sigpic

CHUCK n DUCK

Comment

You got that right Larry, lol.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g3mike View Post
              i had similar results but i got off the water at 10am, all on top or chatterbait.
              should be interesting to see what kind of weight the lapr guys have.
              mike c
              I wish I would have seen ya, would of said hello. Maybe next time.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X