8-8-09 J1M and chris b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-8-09 J1M and chris b

Arrived at HSM around 5 a.m. Saw BigC and Tightlines and were able to wish them well before their TX. Had 3 of them launching so it was busy at the ramp. Luckily we were able to beat everyone out.

Water in Aquia was pretty stained with heavy overcast (I was liking this already).

Had lines in the water by 6:15. We had boated a dozen fish by 7:30.

Bites were VERY aggressive in the morning until around 10 a.m. I picked up 3 fish on senkos on topwater bringing the senko back to the boat.

We managed to catch fish consistently the entire day. Had some down time for about 2 hours (bites were few and far between) with the outgoing tide. Just couldn't find the fish.

Headed back to our original spot in Aquia and the bite picked back up. J1M sure knows how to find the fish.

Today I worked senkos just about the entire day. Had 1 color that did the job and didn't have to switch until the end of the day when I ran out (4 bags). Worked a bronzeye frog early in the morning and during outgoing tide in North Arkendale. Had 1 blowup but a fouled up hookset so no frog fish for me.

All in all it was an amazing day. J1M is ONE HELL of a good stick. He doesn't realize it but I watched him the entire day (in between fish) taking notes in my mental notebook and asking questions here and there. I learned a lot from him yesterday and he is outright just an amazing guy to learn from and just fish with. Thanks J1M!

So at 5 p.m. I pooped out. J1M wanted to find that 5 pounder that he knew was around us somewhere but I was downright exhausted. Young whippersnappers.

So we headed in with easily a total of 50 fish for the day. We weighed in our best 5 at 16.14

Chit chatted for a bit and I wearily headed off... with a smile on my face that won't leave for days. I had just had the best bass fishing day of my life. And it was just for fun. We had a fun day fishing, and that's what it's all about.
    2010 VAO March Madness Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Dog Days Duel Overall Winner

sigpic

p.s. will have some pics posted later.

sigpic

Comment

Wow Chris, sounds like what we all hope to happen when we load up for the day. J1M recently challenged me on the UMF, and we'll do it on the Riva, so I'll get a chance to see how its done as well.....Looking forward to the pic's.

What kind of baits J1M throw, or did he swear you to secrecy?
      cheers,
      Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
      Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

nice

report chris b. At 3pm I was mentally worn out after having a tough day finding a consistant bite. Sounds like J1M is on them good. You know you had a good day when you have to go back to Dick's and spend $50 to replace the senkos you used on one day!

BTW, ANNA SUX!!! The Potomac ROCKS!!!

JJ:Fishing:
        2010 VAO March Madness Big Bass

sigpicJERKIN JIMMY

Photobucket

Comment

well done, BBT. yep, jimmy is a darn good stick. and a very patient teacher. watch, listen, learn.

great report!

B
          sigpic

Comment

Glad you had a good time, Chris. Knowing Jim, I expect he had a good time teaching as well.
            2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
            2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
            2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
            2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks all.

J1M worked a few baits throughout the day. Rico, swimbait, spinner, finesse worms, and always had a senko laying around as a followup to a missed hookset. Deadly tactic.

sigpic

Comment

It is always my hope and plan that when I take a friend out fishing he always has a better day than me. Well that was the case on Sat. We had an awesome day and don’t let that little sand bagger that goes by the handle of “Chris B” fool ya, he can fish. Chris wore the skin off his thumbs catching all those feeshes, “on the bait that SUX”, which allowed me to play around with my KVD, and the swim bait for most of the day. Those were two presentations that the LMB really didn’t want on Sat but I was being stubborn and kept trying anyway lol. The biggest bass came on a Rico first thing in the morning and Chris added three more 3+ pound fish to it which anchored a nice sack of fish for the day at 16 pounds and 14 ounces. Now you know Chris; you can no longer claim the title of “riva rookie”. You have to go with at least “Advanced Riva Rookie”. See ya guys!
                2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
                2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

Nice job, and report fellas! its a lot of fun when someone else will throw stenkos so you can fish the fun stuff!! great job!
                  sigpic
                  VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Comment

Working...
                  X