Egypt Bend 7-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt Bend 7-18

I took my 8 year old son to Egypt Bend today and enjoyed a beautiful day on the river. We didn't catch a lot but we fished from 9:30 to 3:30 so we missed the best parts of the day. We started up river in about 3' of water throwing a fluke and a Rebel crawdad between the ledges. I caught one on the crank and he had a few bites on the fluke. When we got down to 7'-8' of water I tied a watermelon Zoom tiny fluke on a dropshot on my sons rod (thanks for the tip wayne /tu/). We got a few bites but didn't boat anything so I hit some laydowns that Garry and I caught a few on in the tourny last Saturday. I caught one on a jig and one on a lizard and my son started throwing his dropshot around the wood. He made my day by out fishing me! He caught several largemouth, a few bluegill, and his first smallie. Everything we caught was small but we still had a great day. I am looking forward to many more days of being out fished.

Last edited by Stratos 283 FS; 07-19-2009, 07:45 AM.
    sigpic

Nice job i wish i could have spent more quality time with my kids,
    sigpic
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Couple more years and I be in the same boat....
      We went to shen @ shen sat, and sun... I went alone sat and caught 13... Both large and small mouth.. The biggest was a 15 inch LM... Sun the wife an I went and we boated 15 with 6 or seven getting off right at the boat. Wimpy hook sets I geuss..lol Caught my first drop shot fish sat, and caught 10 more all together on a small watermelon finess worm... Caught 2 smallies over 14 sunday.. Wife had the biggest.. as usual... haha Owe andy I remembered what i wanted to ask you, where is the station that sells ethynol frees gas? lol

Cool to see Ducknfish, and bill and family sund...right on for the hooks, the both of ya.... hahaha
      Last edited by J.Cash; 07-20-2009, 08:27 AM.
      sigpic
      sigpic

Comment

good job Stratos glad to hear i am not the only one that gets out fished by thier son.
        sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Comment

Hey cash, the Southern States on Liberty St. on the left just before you get to Charles St. has ethanol free gas.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information