Sml 11/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sml 11/29

Went to Smith today to prep for my CATT tourney on Sunday. Had a fair day, caught 9. Best 5 would have been about 15lb. Lost a really good 5plus which would have helped. Caught most of the fish on a crankbait and a couple on a jig and one on a float n fly. Water temps 52-54 depending on location. It was an absolutely beautiful day on the water for this later in the year. Fished most of the day in just a sweatshirt. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	107027

Love that lake. Its got everything a fisherman could want . Green fish brown fish, stripers and crappie
    One Lap Race..

Comment

I love it from Nov-March. The rest of the year it's a bit too busy for me, but damn some good sacks come in there in the winter.

Comment

Typical bass fishing, went back and fished the CATT tourney yesterday after having a very good day on Friday and the fish reached up and slapped me right in the face. Only managed to scratch out 5 fish for the whole day the three of them were shorties. The crankbait bite absolutely died on me, only had two hits on cranks and lost one of those. Had one 3lb fish on a crank. Caught 4 on a jig, but only one small keeper and three 12-13 inch fish (14 and above on Smith). Went in feeling very confident, left cold, wet and pissed off.

Comment

nice work, Charlie. you'll get'em next time.
          sigpic

Comment

fished there last Friday and lets just say we didn't do as well as you did that day....not sure how I feel about that place
            Make VAO Great again

Comment

Smith is a difficult lake to learn. On top of that, it gets the absolute crap fished out of it.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information