Sml 10/5 - 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sml 10/5 - 8

Got to the lake Monday afternoon, stayed at Westlake Inn. Found bait in Indian Creek but no stripers. Tuesday went with a guide, road 30 min. Up the Roanoke River to a flat and fished in 2-5 ft. of water. Partner and I boated 6 stripers,(2-33, 2-34, 1-36, 1-37 citation) , had 4 fish break off and we released all fish over 36 inches after pics. Wednesday went back on my boat after the fog lifted. Put out 6 lines on boards and 1 float way behind the boat and start get hits but was onlly had 15 lb. leaders on and fish broke off. Ajusted drag way down and boated another citation at 37" but the wind had picked up to 30mph. and called it a day after pic and release. Thurday was another great day on the flat boated sqeveral fish kept 2 a 29 and a 34. The water dept. was 60 - 61* up pass the Hales Ford Bridge. Talked to several guys that were fishing deep and they said they hadden seen a striper! I would never thought to fish in 2-5' of water trolling with unweighted lines.

Those fish up river can be awesome this time of the year!! Appreciate the report and glad you had a successful week!

Comment

We are doing a guided trip in December....I can't wait
      Make VAO Great again

Comment

Working...
      X