backpacking/fishing trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backpacking/fishing trail

I'm hoping to head over to SW VA near the Clinch River ranger district to meet up with a buddy to do some backpacking in a couple weeks. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on a trail that has some trout fishing opportunities nearby or preferably a trail that follows a creek with trout in it. Any advice would be much appreciated. thanks

I'd check out the WMA maps on the VDGIF website
    Make VAO Great again

Comment

Reach out to GSniper (Charlie). He'll be able to help you out.
      sigpic

Comment

Check out this book, most of the trout rivers are off trail heads etc, it will give you great details that can be cross referenced

http://m.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=671774&adv=127748&cm_mmc=plas-_-FlyFishing-_-671774-_-127748&gclid=CjwKCAjwgvfOBRB7EiwAeP7ehopVatbkpgrEM 0LdtCxETu_-o2CcBmMQOHATZP57mGziPZ4C8em85BoCWXMQAvD_BwE&item_c ode=67177400

Comment

Slim-
          Didn't realize you were going that far west. If you want to jump across the Tennessee line, there is a great place in East Tennessee. Google up Dennis Cove campground and Laurel Fork Creek. Nice hike in fishing place with two easy access points. I recommend the upper. it's a small mountain stream, but has excellent fishing. It's special reg unless they've changed it since last time I fished it. Used to be single hook artificial only. Check your regs. It's just outside Hampton Tn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsniper View Post
            Slim-
            Didn't realize you were going that far west. If you want to jump across the Tennessee line, there is a great place in East Tennessee. Google up Dennis Cove campground and Laurel Fork Creek. Nice hike in fishing place with two easy access points. I recommend the upper. it's a small mountain stream, but has excellent fishing. It's special reg unless they've changed it since last time I fished it. Used to be single hook artificial only. Check your regs. It's just outside Hampton Tn.

I've been going back and forth on where exactly to go. My buddy lives in Louisville so I was thinking that area would be about half way for us, but he said he wants to see Mt. Rogers too, and I'm sure there are some good streams there too, just need to find one with a good trail that runs beside it. Thanks for the input Gsniper, much appreciated.

Comment

What is the book title ?

http://m.orvis.com/store/product.asp...ehopVatbkpgrEM 0LdtCxETu_-o2CcBmMQOHATZP57mGziPZ4C8em85BoCWXMQAvD_BwE&item_c ode=67177400

Comment

Nevermind, I was able to get the link to work!

Comment

https://www.myswva.org/swva/blog/spe...paign=rr_story
                  2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
                  2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
                  2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
                  2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
                  "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X