Had me a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had me a day

Went over to WV again with some friends to hit up some remote sections of river. Put 24 in the net and missed a few others. Caught a brown, brookie and rainbow out of 2 separate holes on Saturday. Had 3 rainbows at or over 18" and several brookies in the 12-14" range. They all lived to swim another day. Hiked 6+ miles on Saturday, but worth all the sweat and sore feet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	98522

Name:	shaver4.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	98523

Name:	Shaver6.jpg
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	98524

Name:	Shaver5.jpg
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	98525

Name:	shaver3.jpg
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	98526

Name:	Shaver2.jpg
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	98527

Wow man that is awesome! Love the pics, killer day for sure.

Comment

Fantastic.

Comment

nice fish
        Make VAO Great again

Comment

I fish some in southern WV and have good luck over there. WV's stocking program is handled much better than VA's. I'd like to see a lot more special reg and delayed harvest stuff. The straight put and take out here gets a little old.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsniper View Post
            I fish some in southern WV and have good luck over there. WV's stocking program is handled much better than VA's. I'd like to see a lot more special reg and delayed harvest stuff. The straight put and take out here gets a little old.
            Yeah, WV has been coming along. Their hatcheries have really been doing well the last couple years. They have that "Gold Rush" which generates quite a bit of money and publicity for them. They've also designated a few more streams as C&R only and have a few Fly Fish only streams.

In my opinion, if a stream is high enough quality that trout can naturally reproduce at a decent rate, it should be C&R only or a small window which you can harvest. The warmer marginal streams can be the put and take streams and have the crap stocked out of them.

They don't do any delayed harvest, but I wish they would.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsniper View Post
              Man Im with you, some of the guys practically sit behind the stocking trucks with nets

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                Man Im with you, some of the guys practically sit behind the stocking trucks with nets
                They had to pass a law in WV that you couldn't fish within so many feet of a stock truck or personnel because the folks unloading the fish were getting hooked. I heard about a guy getting busted last year by a CO for taking a 5 gallon bucket with holes drilled in it and scooping fish out with it. Real sporting.

Comment

Working...
                X