Got my first inshore slam last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first inshore slam last night

Last night in NC so I slipped the kayak back into the marsh for an evening trip. Had a light rain most of the day, but it broke around 4PM and then some clearing. I hit the water an hour and a half before low tide, and lost a nice redfish on a gold spoon right at the kayak. As the tide dropped out I knew it was going to be slow until the tides switched.

As it switched to incoming tide I paddled to the mouth of a creek where I knew trout stacked up a good bit. I switched to a Zman Diezel Minnow in sexy mullet. Began working the mouth of the creek and picked up several sea trout, the biggest was 17.5". I managed to also catch a nice flounder out of the same spot before the bite dropped off.

As the tide increased, the redfish began pushing shrimp and bait up against the grass banks. I switched over to a topwater plug from Overcast Lures and began walking the dog out of the grass. Had several redfish crush it. Love when a fish can peel drag. This was the first time I had caught an inshore slam, always missed 1 species on these trips.

Nothing big at all, but certainly a lot of fun on light tackle.
    Attached Files

Great outing, nice pictures!
    sigpic

Comment

These were the lures that produced this past week

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Good work!
          sigpic

Comment

Whereabouts on the OBX? I'll be down there in Avon with canal/sound access and I plan to take the yaks.

Any other tips or pointers?
            Wishin' I was fishin'...
            www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

I was in the southern OBX technically near Cape Lookout in the marshes. I really like the Zman soft plastics, they hold up well to all the flounder as well as pinfish. Look for the outflows of creeks etc for tidal swings, its where I had had the best luck. Just keep looking for the bait, the fish wont be far behind.

Comment

Nice job!
                Make VAO Great again

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information