any interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any interest

I would love to get a bunch of boats and or kayaks together for a redfish tourney among friends. With them being all over the place, it would be a pretty easy one to put on. Anyone be interested in this? Ive got 4 or 5 different friends with boats that are on board with it. Could be as cheap as 10 or 20 bucks per angler, winner takes all for biggest 3 fish bag.. maybe a 5 dollar biggest released speck side pot. afterwards have cornhole with bring your own grill snacks and cold beverages. I was thinking end of July.

Oh, the one summer when I am not in Virginia!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I know of a dude closer your way who may be interested. I've never fished for Redfish, but want to. We were thinking of hitting an inlet this late summer or early fall for them.
      Thank God For Rednecks

Comment

Works for me!
        sigpic
        VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Comment

i would be interested for sure. Although would rather be cobia fishing....................................
          sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by PokerFace View Post
            I know of a dude closer your way who may be interested. I've never fished for Redfish, but want to. We were thinking of hitting an inlet this late summer or early fall for them.
            Lynnhaven Inlet, VA Beach. PM me for details.
            sigpic

Comment

macon - howz the intern gig going?

PS - clean out your PM inbox so we can send you hate mail.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kickin bass View Post
                Oh, the one summer when I am not in Virginia!!!!
                Welcome to the real world, Macon.

Hope all is well.
                Wishin' I was fishin'...
                www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Ill start throwing some details together

Comment

Originally posted by 31Airborne View Post
                    macon - howz the intern gig going?

PS - clean out your PM inbox so we can send you hate mail.
                    Inbox emptied! Fire away! Going great so far B. Really liking the company as well as the summer temps up here. Haven't gotten a chance to get out on the water yet. Still exploring the area, getting acclimated to the area, and eating plenty of cheese! Hope all is well with you.

For real Erik. Missing the iron man, frog, and now a redfish tournament. What a bummer!

Sorry for the thread hack ducknbuck. Really wish Team Tin was able to make it to your tournament!
                    sigpic

Comment

where is Team Tin these days?

Comment

Originally posted by ducknbucklures View Post
                        where is Team Tin these days?
                        I'm in Wisconsin interning with Case IH for the summer and possibly into the fall. Only got to do one redfish trip after graduation before I had to leave for Wisconsin! Myself and Andrew (fishinva89) would have loved to do this tournament with yall. Sounds like a blast. But since the boat is my dads and its still in VA, no Team Tin for the summer unfortunately. But keep the redfish and flounder reports coming. Really enjoying reading them even though I am about as far away from the salt as possible.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wisconsin? I thought it was Michigan. I went down with some family to Emerald Isle the last four days and tried paddling around Bogue Sound. The sound is very wide there, but much of it is about a foot if that during low tide. I was on the very shallow side far away from the main channel. I never really got to fish it at high tide because that was mainly happening in the middle of the night. I still managed to catch my first Redfish. I'd estimate him to be about three pounds but still fought really hard. I was using a my Revo Inshore baitcaster spooled with 40 or 50 pound test braid with an old 7 foot medium powered Triumph rod. The rod and reel combo handle the fish fine and the electric chicken redfish magic was retrieved in tact. He still pulled some drag, zig and zagged, and got real violent. I can see how catching those can get addicting. I caught this one near an oyster bed. I really like that that Triumph Rod. I broke my Avid Crankbait rod two weekends ago, but that cheapo Triumph is still kicking butt.

I was fishing Gulp Mullet but couldn't take little fish biting off the tail any longer. I also bought these little 1/8 ounce Gulp Jig heads that are for swimming the bait more than for jigging. I was having some difficulty getting that mullet on there and ended up stabbing my finger two or three times before I got the hang of it. Once on that jig, those things aren't coming off. It's a good design but you have to rig it perfect to pop it on.

There's a store down there called REEL OUTDOORS and it has a lot of good saltwater lures and gear. I should have asked more questions about where to go while I was there. I spent most of the day Saturday paddling around in 7 inches of water waiting for the tide to roll in. By then it was getting dark, my neck was killing me, and I was pretty angry that I hadn't caught one stinkin redfish when I circled back to those oyster beds now surrounded by about a foot and one half of water. When that thing hit, I knew it wasn't a flounder. The sun was setting, and people were calling my cell thinking I had drowned since it was so late, but that redfish sure made that pain in my neck go away.
                          Thank God For Rednecks

Comment

Yep, cheese land!

Nice work. We used to go to Emerald Isle every year for vacation. The Reel Outdoors is a nice place. And I have caught 10+ fish on one redfish magic spinnerbait. Put a Bass Assassin sea shad on there and you will only have to change it after a whole bunch of fish. Unless you tie into a blue.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X