12/8/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/8/2018

My buddy, Eddie Griggs, invited me to go striper fishing with him and Rob Fleet last Saturday. The morning started out cold around 32 degrees. We stayed in the Rappahannock river and started trolling. The bite was slow with the tide just starting to come in. We marked right many fish but nothing biting. Well after about an hour the switch was flipped and we started catching them. Small keepers at first around 20"-22". Then we hook up and I grab the rod. This felt like a good fish. It was stripping drag really good. We get it to the boat and we are all like OMG when we saw it. Get it in the net and it's my biggest striper by far. It measured 40" long and was a beast for me. After another pass we caught a 34" fish. Then finished our limit with a 30" fish jigging over a school. We caught another 6-8 keepers just jigging as well as short fish and released them all. Called it a day around 11:45. Awesome trip and a beautiful day!

Last edited by Big E; 12-11-2018, 01:03 PM.
    Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Awesome fish! What were you trolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan 2 View Post
      Awesome fish! What were you trolling?
      Caught that one on a Stretch.
      Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

nice fish E hopefully they will be chewing Thursday for me
        sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Comment

Nice catch!! Congrats!

Comment

Nice fish E
            2017 Ironman winner
            2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Working...
            X