Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel Report

Got a call late last night from a buddy of mine asking if I was interested in fishing a Striper tourney out of Little Creek Naval/Marine base in Virginia Beach. Woke up at 3:30 drove down and fished islands 3 and 4 trolling. No luck, I suggested jigging spoons (just1more taught me how to vertical jig last winter) as we were marking fish on the bottom and we picked up a pair of smallish stripers (22 and 21 inches) and lots of medium blue fish (i also had a seagull pick up a redfin, felt like I was fly fishing). Weighed the biggest of the two stripers (it was a best fish tourney) and ended up in 2nd place by only 4 ounces! Only 1st place paid out. Obviously the Stripers are not in yet but there was certainly activity. Don't get the opportunity to fish blue water very often so I had a blast.
    sigpic

Nice job and congrats on 2nd place. I cant wait to get down there over Christmas Break and catch some of the big ones. Been waitin all year to do some eelin.
    sigpic

Comment

Hey nice going Mike!

Comment

nice job on the 2nd.
        sigpic

We are told that we shouldn't judge all Muslims by the actions of an extreme few. Why can't we offer millions of law-abiding American gun owners the same consideration?

Comment

Nice job, Mike.
          ~Tight Lines~
          www.facebook.com/lane.hariu

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X