What's your take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your take?

Yesterday it was revealed that MLF is in fact acquiring FLW. According to what I read....FLW and their 2020 tournaments will still be the same except for the Pros who are going to be a mix...3 days of best 5 and 3 days of weigh em all. What's your take on how this will play out in the future? My guess is there will be a lot of bi**ching about the format. How will it change the high school, college, BFL, Costas, etc??....I don't know. They will have to have an abundance of marshals to keep track of scoring. I can only add that I think it won't happen over night. Maybe by 2025, bassboats won't even have livewells anymore....lol.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

i'm thinking it won't really effect me all that much....
    Make VAO Great again

Comment

It's simple from my view - follow the money. If the lower tier events continue to generate a decent return they'll remain a part of the slate. If they don't they're gone. About all of the boat manufacturers were bought up by one entity and we've seen long-standing brands leave the market place. Think it's safe to believe something similar will occur here.

I'm friends w/ one of the Elite series doods. He shared that there is not universal support for the move to MLF. In fact, he went so far as to say it wouldn't last (didn't offer a time but alluded to sooner vc later).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PsuHntr View Post
        i'm thinking it won't really effect me all that much....
        That's because you fish all those secret places, Aaron. ;)
        sigpic

Comment

Blake said, "I believe some of the immediate impacts will be the realignment of anglers and sponsors, along with a growing fan base that has not been tapped into in the past, based upon the powerful assets that this merger creates."

This is an extract from the press release announcing the acquisition. I'm kinda curious to see how the "realignment of anglers and sponsors" plays out.
          sigpic

Comment

less practice, more fishing for cash.....definitely the most flexible anglers will rise to the top, the ones who can fish for 5 and fish for total numbers (more or less)....I think paying 10k min to half the field is a good thing, but 6 days of fishing a Tx is going to a major physical and mental challenge IMO, but gives them more opportunities to sell content......they are on their way to being seen as real athletes.....
            cheers,
            Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
            Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information