2020 Rock-n-roll HOF nominees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Rock-n-roll HOF nominees

For the record, Airborne likes a lot of music styles. I'm a rock-n-roll kinda dood at heart, the heavier the better. There are other styles I listen to - some country, some folk, some classical, some movie soundtracks, some pop, some R&B, some MoTown, some jazz. You get the idea.

From my [very narrow] view of the world anything calling itself the "Rock-n-roll Hall of Fame" should be just that - a place where the greats of rock are enshrined. That leads us to the 2020 nominees. The Doobie Brothers and T-Rex are on the list. Yay! I listen to, like both. A few on the list aren't rockers so I'm confused as to why they're nominated - Notorious BIG (a rapper), Whitney Houston (a pop, R&B artist), Depeche Mode (a pop band). If the RnR HOF is going to enshrine artists from all genres shouldn't we call it something other than the RnR HOF?

Just stirring the pot on a slow WED. C'mon weekend.

B

sigpic

Totally agree. Pat Benatar got snubbed for Notorious BIG...gtfoh
    Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Comment

Racists.

Comment

yep. lol!
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah makes no sense

Comment

Think that's bad, try country. I'm starting a campaign to make them leave the word "Country" out of the CMA Awards. I love most of these artist in their own genre, Pink, Kristin Chenoweth, Joe Walsh, Bebe Rexha, Hannah Brown (Bachelorette chick & DWTS), Reese Witherspoon, Halsey, but they ain't Country. Still not sure what Maren Morris is other than pissed off they shot too much transmission fluid into her lips, but I do know Florida/Georgia Line ain't country and Epstein didn't kill himself!

Comment

I was in a rental car a couple of months ago and the radio was stuck on a "modern" country station. It was mostly rap. Totally awful.

Tom Petty said about 15 years ago that new country music was $hitty rock n roll with a fiddle.

Comment

and they explain it here: https://www.rockhall.com/inductees/categories
                cheers,
                Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
                Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information