Mobjack Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobjack Bay

My wife and I just bought a place on Mobjack Bay. I'm wondering if anyone has fished the bay? What species? I'd appreciate any info I can get.
    When fly fishing is outlawed, only outlaws will fly fish.

I do some fishing there, usually in the Summer or Fall for specks and reds. I've caught just about everything else there too, stripers, flounder, blues, Spanish, cobia, houndfish, croaker, etc etc. Great area, tons of fishable water and not too crowded. Grass is key but docks and other structure hold fish too.

Comment

I had to look this up. Had no clue where it was. Very cool location.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan 2 View Post
        I do some fishing there, usually in the Summer or Fall for specks and reds. I've caught just about everything else there too, stripers, flounder, blues, Spanish, cobia, houndfish, croaker, etc etc. Great area, tons of fishable water and not too crowded. Grass is key but docks and other structure hold fish too.
        Are you using flies or spinning bait?
        When fly fishing is outlawed, only outlaws will fly fish.

Comment

I don't do any fly fishing, just regular lures. I've caught a lot of fish there on popping cork rigs, topwater lures, and plastic baits on a jighead. When the water warms up you never know what you're gonna catch. If you have a boat you can launch at Ware House landing on the Ware or Town Point Landing on the East river. Though if you're right on the water already a kayak works great too.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information