NFL - Week 1 Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL - Week 1 Thoughts

Wow, 252 days since the last full sunday of football. I had a pile of work to do, so I sat in front of the TV and watched it from 1PM until the end of the Packers game. I even watched some of the Cowboys even though it hurt.

Jax sure did put it to Houston, Fournette looks like a bruiser even in the pros. Tom Savage was a dud, but I guess I am the only one that knew that, but not sure Watson is really ready - but not might have an option.

Giants looked terrible, made the Cowboys look really good - though the Cowboys should have won by 30 the way the Giants played.

Seahawks and Packers was an epic punters duel in the first half. Both teams have offensive line issues, but my Packers pulled out the win even though Aaron was sacked 57 times just in the first half.

Raiders continue to look good, and when ever Lynch got the ball he was still solid.

Eagles and skins... what can I say. It was battle of the morons...

Steelers attempted to lose to the Browns, and Baltimore sure did push it in the Bengals - and possibly the worst team couldnt have looked worse - the Jets... They could possibly go 0-16 this year.

Patriots imploding might be the happiest I have been in a while.

Didn't watch a game nor do I plan to, a few disrespectful men have killed it for me. Until the b.s. Stops my support to them has. Just my feelings on it. Hopefully I can take in some local high school games to get my fix.
    I have binders of my picks from last 20 years, I've always picked winners of every game. Something I did personally not for betting. This is the first time I haven't even cared to do it. No joy.
    2017 Ironman winner
    2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Good news for the Skins in that they did not sign Cousins to a long term deal, bad news is he is still making over 20 million to be horrible.

Good news for me is that I won't feel like I'm missing anything while spending my Sundays on Claytor Lake.
      Thank God For Rednecks

Comment

Yeah, I wish I was making Cousins kind of money

Comment

After a 1 year contract like that I'd retire
          2017 Ironman winner
          2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Only game I got a chance to watch was Dallas vs Giants. The Boy's are looking pretty good to start the season. Definitely room for improvement but solid start.
            Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Cousins will make well over 40 million in the last two seasons for the sole fact he is better than the guys who came before him. He still isn't a franchise guy and is grossly overpaid.
              Thank God For Rednecks

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information