Boat Trailer Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Trailer Replacement

My Father-In-Law bought a used Tracker 170 a few years ago. When we were at their place yesterday, I noticed that two of the three cross members are rusted in two. It might be possible to fix it, but depending on cost of a replacement it might be better in the long run to replace it.

Where is the best place to start looking? Definitely don't want to spend more for the trailer than the boat is worth.
    sigpic

Try Dee Kidd at Anna's Marine Center Andy.
    Tell him Wayne sent ya.
    http://www.annasmarinecenter.com/m_default.asp
    Crank That Jank!
    sigpic

Comment

whatever happened to Trailerman? He sold or worked for a marine trailer dealer.
      sigpic

Comment

I went thru this exercise a few years back because I had the exact same problem with my Tracker Marine trailer. I called quite a few places to see if they could/would fix my trailer, but none of them wanted to deal with a boat trailer, and especially not with a boat on it that they'd have to lift off.

Call around, and get some estimates on whatever it is you are looking for. You can keep it cheep, or you can make all sorts of upgrades to a high dollar trailer. I ended up going with Ed's Marine strictly out of location, and I regret that decision for a couple reasons. No need to cover that here. They reputation precedes themselves, and I should have known better.

I spoke extensively with 'Bob's Trailer' down in Norfolk, and in hindsight, I should have gone with them. Customer service was great, and price was also about right for what I wanted, but I was leery of towing my boat that far with nearly broken cross-beams.

Trailerman no longer sells trailers. That said, it's his brother that owns Commonwealth Trailer Sales out in Sandston. They were good to talk to, and pricing was fair.
        Wishin' I was fishin'...
        www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Its 2 1/2hrs from you, and in my old "hood" but Daves Boat and Trailer Sales in Glen Burnie MD is the spot.... They have a gantry too to make the swap quick and easy. People come from all over just for this exact scenario, and I have never ever heard one negative review. I'm 1 1/2hrs from there now, and still drive over there for parts and recently bought a utility trailer there. Their pricing is beyond fair, in fact its the cheapest I can find, and 10miles away is a huge "wholesaler" in DE that keeps thousands in stock, but Daves was still by far cheaper.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information