Anna 3/10 Anna Point open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna 3/10 Anna Point open

Was suppose to meet my partner Ryan at Anna point we were not sure what we were gonna fish the open or hit hot side. Had all my rods ready for either direction.
    Ryan, I found out later had to work Saturday night and didn't get in to after 1 and missed his alarm. This left me at ramp at 7:30 and no answer so I decided to do the open alone. With the sticks fishing this I knew I had work cut out for me, but decided to just go fish. I changed my original plan from going down and went up. Started off in pamunkey arm water was dirty and 42*. Started on a point I have caught a few in past on and they were there chewing. Caught 2 right off 1 barley 12" and 1 about 13/4-2#'s, few cast later I hooked into a good one I'm just gonna call it a 6 but I'm thinking probably more after finding out about other fish later. Let's just say forgot net at home had it on a JB on tail hook at side of boat went to lip it it shook and put top 2 hooks into my glove. Now I can reach to lip. Went to drop rod and grab with other hand and she shook off before I could get her. Needless to say that was enough to kill the day, but it was early with a lot of fishing to do. Hit couple other points with nothing. Came back and hooked a 5#er (thought was maybe a 4) same deal back hooked and it as well caught my glove but was still able to grab with other hand. That's 3. Went to another point that I like shallow water deep near by. Here I caught 2 3# fish almost back to back these guys choked the bait. Then nada. I now have 5 for what I was figuring 11-12#'s. Went back above stubs bridge across from jets island and hit a point that's generally a hit or miss. Hooked up on another 5# fish, this time without gloves and was able to get in after a lengthy battle, this fish didn't know the word quit. Again I thought both these fish were 4#ers so in my head maybe 15#'s. Caught another dink on another point. It's now 12:30 and from here I never got another bite.
    Got back to ramp and was able to get John to help me back on trailer. Bagged my fish and to scales. Both my bigger fish were over 5 and finished 1st with 18.68. A net would've gave me another 20+# bag, but I was stoked and thank the lord for being able to manage a good top finish. Never give up.
    All fish were on a JB in anywhere from 2-6' water up tight to shoreline. Water temps from 42 in morning to 45 in afternoon. The morning was cool and overcast and didn't really warm up til around noon. My limit was in boat by 10:30, culled twice before my bite ended.
    The talk was most everyone caught there fish after 12.
    Want to say thanks to John for the hand and also congratulations to him for winning his club event as well.
    Doubt this pattern will hold for this weekend but will try to find them again.
    2017 Ironman winner
    2019 Polar Bear winner

You have it dialed in for sure bud. Congratulations on another win. Keep it rolling Carl! Its been my experience that the Jerk bait bite will start to waine for the big ones when water temps get close to the mid fifties. Thats when I move to the points around spawning pockets with jigs and grass lines with wacky rigs.
    Well done my friend, well done.
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

You have been on fire bud! Congratulations on another great day!
      Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Great work, carl. You are def the hot hand. Keep it up!
        sigpic

Comment

Nice job Carl
          Make VAO Great again

Comment

Good work Carl! Interesting note, so many times when one does well on stingy Anna it seems the good bags are caught opposite of the time frame others report getting bit.....gotta zig when they zag I guess
            "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane"

- Waylon Jennings

Comment

Great job carl...congrats...

Comment

Working...
              X