paroled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paroled!

Well, doods, we're one step closer to being back in the action. Came out of the sling yesterday (after 6 1/2 weeks). Still weak and missing lots of range of motion but it's pain-free. I have a lot more capability in it than I did after past surgeries. Hoping this is a good sign. Physical terrorism starts this week. About 4-6 weeks of passive movement/range of motion stuff. I celebrated by spooling/loading some new reels, re-spooling others. Going forward I'm going to have a LH and RH set-up for all of my slow presentations (jig, c-rig, t-rig); may end doing the same for my power fishing presentations. That way I can balance the workload. Targeting 22 JUN for my first trip back on the H2O. Will give the sled a lil run. Was cleaning it up a bit over the weekend and thought I heard it whimper, "float me, float me." I aim to oblige.

Have a good slate of events for this coming fall - FoM regional end of SEP, FoM East vs West in OCT, Dirt's event in NOV. Also making a run down south to fish Chickamauga and Guntersville. This oughta give the new shoulder a good test. ;)
    sigpic

Good plan. I fish with both arms. Old doods like us have to adjust. Particularly when I'm crankbait or jerkbait fishing I have rods for each hand.

Comment

Shoulders are fun, good luck with rehab, you will be back soon

Comment

Good to hear, it will come around pretty quick but don't over do it.
        2017 Ironman winner
        2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Good news 31! Hope the rehab goes well and you are setting hooks real soon!
          Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

I guess I missed whatever happened or what you did, but it sounds like it was on purpose. So I am glad to hear it is mending and you are close to getting back in action. I hope Frau Helga doesn't hurt you too bad! Take care.

Comment

Great news. Take care of yourself old man...
              Wishin' I was fishin'...
              www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X