What lure doesnt give you confidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What lure doesnt give you confidence?

I will start it off - I have no confidence in lizards. As much as I want to use them and try them I just never keep them in the water long enough to give them a chance.

I can't wait to throw lizards

C-rigged lizards are one of my favorites.... but I don't throw enough 4 inch curly tail grubs. I really didn't even think about it until I saw this post but I used to throw grubs all the time when I was a kid. I used to do really well with them, but I hardly even pull them out of the box anymore.... It may just be the missing link to some of those finicky summer bass.... Thats it I'm going to throw more grubs this year!
    www.hookedonlakeanna.com
    540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

I think mine would have to be rattle baits (rattle trap etc.) ... I know how can anyone not throw rattle baits specially in the spring. I dont know what it is I can be standing ten feet from my brother in my boat with him killin them on rattles and I just wont put down the spinnerbait or jig. Just never really had alot of success with them i guess is why i dont have the confidence.......... I always like trying new things so maybe I do like you Mr. Bowles and make a resolution to make it work this year.. Awesome message board guys just signed up and this is my first post hope to find some good resources here.

Comment

Confidence?

Well I have used every bait known to man and have caught fish.
        Its all luck of the draw on what they want right then and there.
        confidence is that you have thrown all you know at them and no results.
        They aint biting!!!
        Confidence is knowing when to move on!
        And do it all over again.
        sigpicFISH-ON Giggity...

Comment

I don't have a lot of confidence in tubes, just can't get the hang of fishing them. I love lizards in the summertime though.
          Kirk
          sigpic

Comment

Rattle traps leave me fishless every time. I don't know why. Just about everyone I fish with uses them with success. I think I need to take a box of just traps one day and throw nothing else until I catch fish. I should probably do the same with jigs too!
            sigpic

Comment

crankbaits

how bad is that - i hate them - my kid catches fish on them and I don't.

I will fish top water 75% of the time. I don't look for something that don't want to bite. I fish fast and cover tons of h20. I also like 5" salt and pepper grubs on 1/4oz jig with garlic chart. spike it tail. And a 4" shad plastic rigged weightless.

I do use rapala original floaters but as a top water not as a crankbait.

I really should crank some but ....
              sigpic

CHUCK n DUCK

Comment

Hmmmm Thats almost everything in the box

Isn't it interesting that just between a few people there is no faith in Lizards, Tubes, Jigs, Rattletraps, Crank baits and Grubs. That's A LOT of different techniques that obviously produce fish for other people..... It gives credibility to the theory of simply believing in whatever you are throwing.

I've got a couple thoughts about that but I'll start another thread so we don't take away from this one
                www.hookedonlakeanna.com
                540-287-3591

sigpic

Comment

I think I've thrown a jig/trailer less than a dozen times. Kind of crazy because all I read and see is that it's a big fish bait. I've had some success overcoming my no confidence in a bait by making new year resolutions that I'll try 1 new technique at the beginning of the season. Prior to 2006 - I never threw a jerkbait - in that year it caught my biggest fish, last year was the shakey head - it helped me in my first tx. This year - I guess it's the jig..
                  Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250
                  sigpic

Comment

Rattle traps to me might as well be kryptonite

Comment

Working...
                    X