Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite lure from the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jitterbug. I had a black and yellow one. I only caught one fish on it and that was only when I snagged the fish in its back. However, as a kid, I loved the action it had.
    - rfrankli

Comment

el Senko of course
      Steve Sekula
      "Sempr"

sigpic

Comment

Man I'd love to have that original 'Bender" Box, that's my last name!!

Comment

i iked the action on the old "flat fish" lures

Comment

There are 4. Mepps Minnow, the bigger ones...Musky in Burke Lake used to love them, including big bass. Second was the old original creme plastic worms, had to be red, with the two hooks and the little spinner. Farm pond bass loved them. 3rd was my first crankbait I ever decided I liked and it was a lucky 13, red nose, white body, and lastly, one I could never pry away from my grandfather, and that was the flatfish. He could always school me with that thing on his farm ponds.....I keep a flatfish in my box now at all times to remind myself of those moments with him....will never fish it...
            cheers,
            Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
            Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

They were and still are some great action lures Squire, glad they hold some good memories for you!

Comment

The Rebel Pop-R and the Mepps Black Fury

Comment

I have three as well. The strike king 1/2 pro glow spinner bait is my all time favorite, closely followed by the original Crome plated 1/2 oz silver buddy. Third was a Rico I bought in 94 for 45.00. That was a real big bass getter. There was something about that one Rico that for whatever reason attracted big bass.
                  2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
                  2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

I don't have any old lures around. Everything I fished in my teens is pretty much still around and I fish today except for a few lures. The first lure I used all the time was the Rebel Crickhopper for bluegill and tiny bass. The old Culprit worm is still a producer too. I once bought a cheap unpackaged generic buzzbait at GreenTop and slayed em one day near Williams Landing. I wish I had it back.
                    Thank God For Rednecks

Comment

the old Wiggle Warts
                      sigpic

Comment

Johnson spoon. That bad boy will still catchem
                        "I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane"

- Waylon Jennings

Comment

Creme worms that came in a package with 2 hooks pre-rigged and a little spinner on the nose. Slayed them in my grandfathers farm ponds....I got really good at making up my own version because they got torn up so quickly. Later, the Meps Minnow was my go to lure on Burke Lake, the large one, for Muskie :)
                          cheers,
                          Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
                          Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X