Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Native and Life Long Hunter

Hi guys and gals.

I wanted to reach out here and maybe strike up a few conversations of value with a few like-minded folks. In the past I've always avoided such platforms. While the sport of hunting brings out the absolute best in people, it can also bring out the worst- Particularly with jealousy. Whether it's about a neighbor harvesting "your" deer or resentment stemming from the haves and have nots. This negativity all too often flows into the realm of forums. Hopefully this will not be the case here!

Avid hunter here
    Completely enthralled with maps and new hunting techniques
    Fondness for gobbling toms and good handshakes
    Travis South
    www.integrityoutfitters.com
    sigpic

welcome aboard! think you'll find plenty of like-minded doods on here. your frustrations aren't limited to hunting. we see/experience it daily in the fishing domain. NO shortage of hunters on here who'll no doubt jump in and offer their 2 cents.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks 31Airborne- I see Blacksburg listed. Are you on the New River scene? Spent a few years at Virginia Tech and loved the float to McCoy. Charlotte currently but "home" being in Franklin County.

Originally posted by 31Airborne View Post
      welcome aboard! think you'll find plenty of like-minded doods on here. your frustrations aren't limited to hunting. we see/experience it daily in the fishing domain. NO shortage of hunters on here who'll no doubt jump in and offer their 2 cents.
      Travis South
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome, have been a avid hunter until my shoulder surgey year before last, getting a shotgun back on that shoulder doesn't sound as great as it once did
        2017 Ironman winner
        2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Originally posted by skeet1 View Post
          Welcome, have been a avid hunter until my shoulder surgey year before last, getting a shotgun back on that shoulder doesn't sound as great as it once did
          Thank you! My shoulder has a slight hesitation from the 3.5's out of the pump. Rotator cuff or?
          Travis South
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome Travis. Hunting since I was a youngster for ducks and geese on eastern shore of MD until my mid 20's.....then last 40+ years devoted to the VA deer population. I have put a very slight dent in that population....lol. Currently hunting in NW Fauquier County in mountains. First year....(last year)....that I have not killed a deer. Hope to change that this year.
            2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
            2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
            2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
            2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
            sigpic

Comment

yessir, I live a couple miles from the river. have yet to fish (fished claytor quite a bit tho'). have been mulling over the idea of getting a canoe - best way to tackle the New.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X