Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Columbus, Ohio

Hey all!

I'm sure glad to have come across this message board. I've fished almost every part of the state of Ohio for anything from Lake Erie yellow perch and walleye to river smallies and muskie. (but mostly in the Columbus area) I just love fishing and am willing to go out and try to catch anything. I'm working in Arlington and living in Alexandria, so if anyone ever needs a fishing buddy in that area let me know. I try to get out as much as possible (average 3-5 days a week) Looking forward to meeting and learning from you all.

Happy Friday:Drink:,
    USMC-Buckeye

PS: if anyone on here is reading this from Ohio check out Ohiogamefishing.com/community

Welcome. Many guys on here fish the Potomac. Awsome place to fish.
    sigpic

Comment

welcome to Va Outdoors USMC-Buckeye
      Crank That Jank!
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome, Bassfishing on the Potomac is awesome but if your a trophy deer hunter I would be planning a trip home lol
        One Lap Race..

Comment

Welcome and Semper Fi. Retired / former TOP here. Grunt, Tanker, recruiter (got go wash my mouth out now lol) I&I, and 8th & I DC. Look forward to fishing with ya one day. How close to the KY / Ohio boarder are you? My wife is a good old KY gal from independance / covington KY.
          2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
          2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

Welcome fellow buckeye, I was born and raised in Kettering
            2017 Ironman winner
            2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Welcome USMC Buckeye - I, myself, am a Ohio to VA transplant. Best move my Parents ever made. Use to live outside of Cleveland, in Brook Park. Try not to sell any paraphernalia from The OSU and hit that Potomac Riva. You'll learn to love it.
              Welcome Aboard.

Comment

looks like a few of us moved from ohio......pretty cool.... gman, and myself and you 2... My mother still lives outside of dayton... Going to see her in august.
                sigpic
                sigpic

Comment

So - I have to ask. How many Die-Hard Browns fans? And how many LOVED seeing LeBron wallow in HIS OWN mess!!!!! Ha ha.

Comment

I am a diehard eagles fan with a lil love to the bengals.... Poor team!LOL And I still enjoy watching lebron play....Not so much the antics though.
                    sigpic
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow i'm glad there are so many Ohioans here!(and a Leatherneck) I started off in Chardon, Oh (45 mins east of Cleveland) and then spent the last 6 years in Columbus while I was pursuing my degree. So i was probably about an hour and a half from the Kentucky border... never fished down there though. I'm a die hard Browns fan and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Jebron Lames fail miserably against the Mavs, and I'm also looking forward to seeing the Indians beat the Orioles this weekend.
                      Skeet what bodies of water did you fish back in OH?

Comment

Welcome to VAO USMC Buckeye! Hope to see you on the water some time!
                        Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

Back in Ohio did very little bass fishing but loved to fish for cats and carp in little and great Miami polluted rivers and would always go to trout wood lakes. Ft laramy and Indian lake, east wood lake Ohio river, and Huffman damn. There also a few small streams and rock quarries never knew the name of. Ounce a year when the white bass would run up north in Freemont Ohio. Go Bengals and Reds
                          2017 Ironman winner
                          2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Oh boy another Yankee from Ohio taking over Virginia. welcome to the South!!

I grew up in Xenia and then went USMC retired in 06 Now here in Stafford fished Caesars Creek, Buckeye lake, Ohio river, Paint Creek, Little Miami, Massies Run, Lake Dillion, Lake Erie, Mad River all in Ohio.

Now I'm a die Hard Potomac Tidal River Rat.
                            Steve Sekula
                            "Sempr"

sigpic

Comment

wow huffman dam? really, it is such a small world. we used to go up there and drag race skeet.... loved watching the hydro boats race at eastwood..... used to ride my 3 wheeler up mad river hop out the bank and go over to the hydrobowl alot...good times
                              sigpic
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X