Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of my Chatter experiments

1.5 oz Snakehead chatter bait yes you saw right 1.5oz

3/8 oz this one works great on Bass l like the extra long nose on the wire too..

I have to admit though it's a blast catching a fish on a lure you made yourself..........

I'm going to begin trying to pour my own heads now Got soem advice from do-it since th chatter bait head is really nothing more than a Type C spinner bait head so I'm going to give a try will keep you informed to my progress.
    Steve Sekula
    "Sempr"

sigpic

Sempr, Ive just started fishing chatterbaits myself. I like to remove the skirts and add a fluke style bait. I dont know why but this seems to give it alot more erratic action. Even on a steady retrieve it will dart off to the sides a few times. Ive tried many a lure on it, grubs, brushhogs, trickworms, swimbaits. They all work and get great action but a fluke style bait seems to produce the most unpredictable action. Something heavy with alot of salt in it, like the burton minnows(my favorite) I have them from 1/16oz, 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8. The 3/8 will give the best action. I like the idea of a heavy one though, I could put that to good use. Im thinking more like an ounce though. Anyways, just my two cents. All you chatterbait heads, try it, i bet you like it.
    You cant catch'em if your baits not in tha water.

Comment

If you want a 1oz I can accommodate you there I several of them as well those big magnum blades tend to need the heavier heads to run true.
      Steve Sekula
      "Sempr"

sigpic

Comment

I've added a chatter blade to a weighted swimbait hook, works great. I use the same Arkie mold for chatterbaits and jigs. I pour some with and some without weed guards, the weed guard really helps fishing a chatterbait around timber.
        sigpic

Comment

nice work, steve.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X