No announcement yet.

Building the Perfect Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know anyone who would claim to be the best angler so no worries on that. Only one way to learn, throw it out there and either be praised for it or have everyone say you're an idiot haha. I'm definatley going to be throwing out a few spinnerbaits, bombers, and I'm going to practice my Jigging this weekend. I'm making my shopping list as I write this so keep the comments coming guys!

Comment

RE: creature baits - lizard, brush hog, action cat. these are my favs.
      sigpic

Comment

I think I've seen almost every angler on this site talk about that baby brush hog. I've picked up a pack last season but I didn't have the best luck with them. Someone should start a topic on that lure alone!

Comment

Nobodies mentioned my go to bait the Tube. I don't go fishing without a tube and a jig tied up. You can fish them with you standard tube jig, dragging, swimming, ripping them off the bottom, popping & crawling, flipping and pitching them.

1) Jig: Blk/Blu (standard for me and my favorite lure) or grn/brn.
          2) Tube
          3) Spinnerbait (second favorite Lure, smallmouth bites are incredible)
          4) Spittin Image shad (FYI never use floro, kills the action)
          5) Senko (4 and 5 inch)
          6) Buzzbait
          7) Crankbaits (KVD 1.5 & 2.5, minus 1, 6XD are some of my favorites)
          8) Rattle Traps
          9) Chatterbait
          10) Shaky Heads (at Anna or any highland type lake its a must)
          11) Jerkbait (love the clown pattern)
          12) Arig (I like the 3.5 and 5 inch swimbaits. Steve catches 3 at a time maybe I should use 4 inch ones)
          13) soft plastic Craw
          14) soft plastic lizard
          15) soft plastic creature (can’t go wrong with a baby brush hog)
          16) Swimbait (zman 5 inch and shadalicous 4 inch)

Comment

What lure are you putting the baby brush hog on? I'm guessing you jig with it?

Comment

That was to mark

Comment

GoneFishin, I will most often texas rig it. Sometimes I peg it down depending on cover I am fishing. I have carolina rigged it and also put it on a shaky head (bed fishing mainly, it stands up alittle and you can keep it in place longer).

Comment

I agree on the tubes mark catch fish anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin View Post
                    What lure are you putting the baby brush hog on? I'm guessing you jig with it?
                    I texas rig them with a 1/16 bullet weight and finesse them.

I used them for the last few years but they seem to have lost some of their potency since reaching their current fame. Everybody swears by them and fish seem them alot. I started pouring these and they have been doing well. the french fry is 4.5 inches and usually carolina rigged. the centipede is a 3 inch more finess bait with a mini bullet weight i a 1/16. I try to always make it them slightly off color too that fish dont see day in and day out.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	frenchfry.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	96764

Name:	centipede.JPG
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	96765

Name:	largemouth2jpg.jpg
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	96766

Name:	largemouthjpg.jpg
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	96767

Comment

I have come up with 78 different ways to rig a 5 inch senko. Yes, they are a sponsor of mine but I have been fishing them for many years. Overall, Yamamoto has enough variation in their plastics to totally cover any rigging where a soft plastic is used (Kreature, D-Shad, Swim Senko, etc). I am a plastics guy through and through. That is where my confidence lies. Where you fish does make a difference, I don't throw the same plastics rigged the same way on the Potomac as I do in Anna. I would add a Sammy/Spook to my list as well as a football head jig and a white spinnerbait.

Comment

Working...
                      X