Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOXIC
    replied
    I have come up with 78 different ways to rig a 5 inch senko. Yes, they are a sponsor of mine but I have been fishing them for many years. Overall, Yamamoto has enough variation in their plastics to totally cover any rigging where a soft plastic is used (Kreature, D-Shad, Swim Senko, etc). I am a plastics guy through and through. That is where my confidence lies. Where you fish does make a difference, I don't throw the same plastics rigged the same way on the Potomac as I do in Anna. I would add a Sammy/Spook to my list as well as a football head jig and a white spinnerbait.

Leave a comment:

• ducknbucklures
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneFishin View Post
    What lure are you putting the baby brush hog on? I'm guessing you jig with it?
    I texas rig them with a 1/16 bullet weight and finesse them.

I used them for the last few years but they seem to have lost some of their potency since reaching their current fame. Everybody swears by them and fish seem them alot. I started pouring these and they have been doing well. the french fry is 4.5 inches and usually carolina rigged. the centipede is a 3 inch more finess bait with a mini bullet weight i a 1/16. I try to always make it them slightly off color too that fish dont see day in and day out.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	frenchfry.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	96764

Name:	centipede.JPG
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	96765

Name:	largemouth2jpg.jpg
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	96766

Name:	largemouthjpg.jpg
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	96767

Leave a comment:

• robbell
    replied
    I agree on the tubes mark catch fish anywhere

Leave a comment:

• MarkHardy
    replied
    GoneFishin, I will most often texas rig it. Sometimes I peg it down depending on cover I am fishing. I have carolina rigged it and also put it on a shaky head (bed fishing mainly, it stands up alittle and you can keep it in place longer).

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin
    replied
    That was to mark

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin
    replied
    What lure are you putting the baby brush hog on? I'm guessing you jig with it?

Leave a comment:

• MarkHardy
    replied
    Nobodies mentioned my go to bait the Tube. I don't go fishing without a tube and a jig tied up. You can fish them with you standard tube jig, dragging, swimming, ripping them off the bottom, popping & crawling, flipping and pitching them.

1) Jig: Blk/Blu (standard for me and my favorite lure) or grn/brn.
    2) Tube
    3) Spinnerbait (second favorite Lure, smallmouth bites are incredible)
    4) Spittin Image shad (FYI never use floro, kills the action)
    5) Senko (4 and 5 inch)
    6) Buzzbait
    7) Crankbaits (KVD 1.5 & 2.5, minus 1, 6XD are some of my favorites)
    8) Rattle Traps
    9) Chatterbait
    10) Shaky Heads (at Anna or any highland type lake its a must)
    11) Jerkbait (love the clown pattern)
    12) Arig (I like the 3.5 and 5 inch swimbaits. Steve catches 3 at a time maybe I should use 4 inch ones)
    13) soft plastic Craw
    14) soft plastic lizard
    15) soft plastic creature (can’t go wrong with a baby brush hog)
    16) Swimbait (zman 5 inch and shadalicous 4 inch)

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin
    replied
    I think I've seen almost every angler on this site talk about that baby brush hog. I've picked up a pack last season but I didn't have the best luck with them. Someone should start a topic on that lure alone!

Leave a comment:

• 31Airborne
    replied
    RE: creature baits - lizard, brush hog, action cat. these are my favs.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin
    replied
    I don't know anyone who would claim to be the best angler so no worries on that. Only one way to learn, throw it out there and either be praised for it or have everyone say you're an idiot haha. I'm definatley going to be throwing out a few spinnerbaits, bombers, and I'm going to practice my Jigging this weekend. I'm making my shopping list as I write this so keep the comments coming guys!

Leave a comment:

• gnfsnva
    replied
    Tuff call...and I'm not the best angler by any means (Y'all can all start the comments now...I recognize my weakness's - fishing being one of them. LOL)

You can't go wrong this time of year with a spinnerbait, square-bill crank bait or chatter-bait - just do your best to 'match the hatch' on colors/sizes. If you were going slower, I'd be throwing a senko, jig or baby brush hog.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin
    replied
    Gnfsnva,

Would you say you prefer plastics over anything else in your box? What's your "go-to" lure this time of year?

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sempr View Post
    Why is this in the Lure building, Tackle Craft, and Lure modifications section? shouldn't it be moved to General as it has nothing to do with the aforementioned.
    I'd say this is in the right category. We're building a tackle box which is a perfect time to throw in more than a few lure modifications...
    Besides, looks to me like we have quite a few experienced fisherman replying to this post trying to help all of our readers out. You should chip in and help instead of questioning a perfectly good topic.

Leave a comment:

• gnfsnva
    replied
    When it comes to creature style baits, as with any bait, there is a myriad of choices. For me, I started with and have stuck with the Zoom Baby Brush Hog or the standard size Brush Hog. I fish the BBH probably 95% of the time when I use a creature and I have confidence in it. Basic Green Pumpkin or JuneBug are my most common color choices, but I have plenty of other options too, as well as some tail dipping/dying from time to time.

I think Steve's list up there is pretty much spot on, and if there is one fella on this site who's used just about every bait out there, he's the one.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin
    replied
    Originally posted by PokerFace View Post
    I would throw in some silent crankbaits. You need a jig and pig. Any type of worm bait is good. Spinnerbait. That's pretty much what I fish. I started fishng Senkos last fall and will try some hard plastic jerkbaits this weekend. From what I hear, they are the bomb nowadays and fishing staples always seems to help. Put a Super Fluke in there too. For topwater -Rebel Pop R and a buzzbait.

I would just keep it at that. I find when I start trying too many different lures, I get more frustrated and bored.
    I hear ya on using too many lures! That's the problem I'm dealing with now. I have so many favorites that I use that just aren't working like they used to. I did a lot of fishing as a kid in NJ and I guess I'm dealing with some real picky fish here in VA. I have to say though nothing beats when you discover that new lure that lands fish left and right!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X