Chickahominy Lake June 7 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickahominy Lake June 7 Report

Went back down to Chickahominy Lake with the kayak. I havent been back down to the lake since I stopped duck hunting at Game Farm probably 15 years ago. Launched out of Eagles Landing, brought back memories. left my place around 4:45 AM, chasing a few light rain showers on the way down.

The Chickahominy Lake in some parts looks prehistoric, I forgot how beautiful it is with the cypress stands. Started working some clumps of water lily and willow grass. Caught a small bass quickly on a zoom fluke.

I couldn't get the frog going in lily, not even a whiff. Kept working the zoom fluke (white) and a similar color senko (yes I broke down and tossed one). Saw a boil and pitched the fluke, seconds later hooked up with a solid bass. Just as it got to the kayak and went under the nose of the kayak hard, and pulled the hook. Tossed it back to the back next to where I hooked up, and caught a nice bass just a hair under 4 pounds at 3.96 pounds.

Kept working the lily, had several really nice chain pickerel swipe and roll but completely miss the fluke. But did manage a real pretty fish around 18 inches. Fished until around 11:15, loved the place but the place I caught all my fish was getting worked over by a lot of boats. Definently worth getting there at sun up and avoid the traffic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200607_154843_978bb.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	107477
    Attached Files

Great report on a really neat place. We went for several years and camped at Ed Allens or Rockahock for Easter break. Live minnows and pickerel in the Swamp or Stripers and Herring at the dam. Only place I have ever had Ospreys drop fish parts on us under the nests or been attacked by snakes while in the canoe.....

Comment

Working...
    X

Debug Information