Bonafide P127 Pedal Drive Kayak Walk Through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonafide P127 Pedal Drive Kayak Walk Through

Roughly 10 years after its initial debut, Bonafide Kayaks have introduced their first pedal drive kayak with the Bonafide P127 pedal drive kayak. Bonafide introduced their latest kayak at the 2021 iCast show with what many Bonafide owners have been requesting for quite some time - me included (good thing I bought a Hobie Outback 3 weeks before this announcement...) The new Bonafide P127 features a propeller driven pedal drive in place of the dry pod that existed in the original SS127 model. The pedal drive is familiar to those that own a Native Kayak, as this is the same design. The new models will be offered initially in the Venom, Camo and Top Gun Grey in October of 2021. The pedal and integrated rudder will not be available for the SS127.

The specifications of the P127 are very similar to that of the SS127 at 12' 7" in length and 34" wide with a fitted hull weight of 120 pounds. When compared to other kayaks, the fitted hull weight is inline with more like the Hobie Pro Angler models - which make it quite heavy for a single person loading into the back of a truck as opposed to a trailer. This makes versatility a bit harder, and more expensive, when you introduce the aspect of a trailer. The total weight capacity is 475 pounds for angler and gear which is great.

Some of the additional features of the Bonafide P127 include the ability to slide rods down the gunnel and have the rod tips protected, this is a big benefit when wanting to keep an extra rod at the ready without tangling with other rods - this is critical with a pedal drive as you cant run rods up from the middle. The P127 still has the pre-existing mounts on the rear for a Power Pole Micro Anchor, with a new plate on the bow to transfer the micro anchor up front - or to install a trolling motor like the Xi3. The rudder system has steering on the left side only which isnt as flexible as the Hobie's which feature dual steering (both left and right side).

One of the biggest features is the ability to easily install the Sidekick wheels without having to drill the hull. This has been a major issue with anglers ending up with cracks and voided warranties. This has been a major issue for most all kayak manufacturers. The P127 will also include molded in rod holders, and molded in rod staging that can be strapped down. The rear cockpit is also a larger footprint than in the SS127.

Overall, its a great step forward for Bonafide with a very versatile fishing kayak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bonafide P127 Pedal Drive Kayak Fishing.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	108401

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bonafide P127 Pedal Drive Kayak Colors.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	108402
    Last edited by Brian; 07-20-2021, 11:26 AM.

I'm curious as to the speed, meaning at 125 pounds how fast can you get this going of you hoof it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfishin View Post
      I'm curious as to the speed, meaning at 125 pounds how fast can you get this going of you hoof it.
      I hit 4.2 mph in my Hobie Outback - I was specifically trying to see the upper end. but the Outback is like 40 pounds lighter - and I think the pedal driven fins with the Hobies are more efficient than the propeller drive - but its just a hunch

Comment

Working...
      X