Weekday Series - Feedback Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekday Series - Feedback Please

With the blessing of Striper, I have been doing these tournaments since last November. I intend to continue with them on a monthly basis whenever work and weather allows. Here is a question. What can I do different that would make this event more enjoyable for everyone? Are there even any changes to be made?
    I need feedback from you guys. Suggestions, bi^%ches and complaints welcome.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

I can't think of anything to change, Larry. I think the new weigh-in format went well last week.

Comment

Thanks Corey. I think the use of the new mesh liner bags will become a norm in most tx's in the future. Only downfall I see is measuring short fish and dead fish. For this, I will trust in everyone.
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
      sigpic

Comment

I have received some feedback Larry - all positive and appreciate your efforts during the week!

Comment

I do like that you added the $5 big fish side pot and I do like the new weigh-in procedure. One suggestion is maybe having the scales at a different location besides right on the ramp because I think eventually, someone will have a fish jump into the water before it is weighed and I would hate to see that. Other than that, no complaints here. I really enjoy these. Thanks for putting these on. Its great fishing on the Potomac and not seeing another boat within a mile of you for 4 hours.
          sigpic

Comment

Larry, you are doing a fine job, I really like fishing these weekdays, thank you.
            sigpic

A friend is a present you give to yourself

Comment

feedback is to keep them going Dirt!
              cheers,
              Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
              Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Squire is a cheezdik.

Wait. What was the question?
                sigpic

Comment

My feedback is I hope I can make one!!:)
                  2010 VAO March Madness Overall Winner

sigpic

Comment

Good point on the location of the weigh in Macon. Looking into one of the Walmart tables with adjustable legs for the uneven ground at HSM. At LKA we will use the covered picnic area at Anna Point. Another question. Is $20 the right amount for the entry fee? I want it to be fun yet inexpensive. Leave it at $20 and $5 bigfish or raise it to ???
                    sigpic

Comment

I say leave it at 20+5 it's not about the money. If peeps want to play for more cash they have the option of going to LAPR or some other outfit. This is more of a Friday night poker game and really about having some fun fishing. If you happen to get your gas money back all the better. I like the idea of releasing the fish on the end of the ramp in deeper water. Thank you for all your efforts Larry.
                      One Lap Race..

Comment

I like the $20 fee, there are plenty of tourneys available if someone wants more. I was glad to finally be able to make it to one, really enjoyed it. The mesh bags are a lot better for the fish, but I hadn't thought about the cheating aspect of it. It would be hard to tell if someone weighed 6 fish instead of 5, not that I think it's a problem with this group of guys.
                        sigpic

Comment

Larry, I like the $20+5, especially at HSM with the higher ramp fee. There might be some wiggle room, if folks are interested, at Anna to raise the entry and still have the overall expense offset by the lower ramp fee; not a suggestion, just a possible option, especially since my main function is donating.

Team Four More
                          sigpic

A friend is a present you give to yourself

Comment

I have every other Friday off, so the only suggestion from me is that you should have it one of those Fridays...haha...just kidding, hope I can make one eventually though. I can send you my work schedule if you want.

I've heard only good things.
                            sigpic
                            sigpic

Comment

I think every thing is great and your doing a kicking job. I just wish I could make more of them but work comes first
                              2017 Ironman winner
                              2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Working...
                              X