No announcement yet.

Weekday Series - Feedback Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and entry is fine with 20/5 I fish these cause I like to fish and have a little competition, the money isn't what I'm fishing for it's more the fun and comrotery
    2017 Ironman winner
    2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

I wouldnt change a thing Larry, You have done a great job with this tx series. If I may, I would suggest that there should be a points system. I know everyone cant make every tx, but this would be a little insentive for people to come more often (when possible with work and family schedule) to come and enjoy this tx series. Maybe each team should throw in $5 each tx to go for the top three teams at the end of the season. Just a thought.

Comment

...or, as a potential incentive, you could option to put in $5.00 at each tournament for a 'big bag' or a 'big fish' of the series for the Potomac and for Anna seperately. I.E. - Anna...September thru March/April. Potomac...April/May thru August

This would help keep everyone in the running, regardless of the amount of tournaments they can come to fish.

If I knew I could only make 1 tournament (insert 'don't fish Erik' joke here), I wouldn't put in $5.00 for a points based series prize. However, I would put in $5.00 if I had the chance to catch the 'big-bag' or 'big-fish' of the series that one time out.

The awards could be small trophies and whatever cash is left. The trophy, or course, is important for bragging rights which is what this low-budget series is partly about, right?
        Wishin' I was fishin'...
        www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

having set dates for tx's such as the LAPR and posting them in advance would create a better opportunity for people to work with their work schedule to fish tx's. im COMPLETELY happy with the way it is ran as of now as it is. Any incentive is better. Sorry I spelled "insentive" wrong last post. typing on the go creates typo's haha.

Comment

Only issue with this incentive and that bonus point is someone will need to keep track of that information, thus creating more work for Larry. The longer notice is always nicer for planning purposes but Larry is doing this as " his " time permits. So I guess what I'm saying is lets try to keep it as easy as possible to have a little fun and not create to much work for the man. Just my 1.5 cents
            One Lap Race..

Comment

This a Friday morning tournament right, not evening?

Wish I didn't work friday's hehe

Comment

Hey, I can help out with keeping track of information. I might even be able to get something together that would allow people to sign up for tournaments... That would take a little longer, but heck if we could sign up on the web that would be fancy

Comment

you are absolutely correct. I agree to keep it the same as it has been running. Larry does an amazing job and I do not want him to have more on his plate.

Comment

I like the 20 + 5 big fish. Like said before, its not about the money. Just a fun Friday tourney with a great bunch of guys.
                    sigpic

Comment

Larry you are doing a great job my man. Love fishing the tournys and meeting everyone. Keep up the great work.
                      www.shenandoahvalleybass.com

sigpic
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for doing this Larry, really appreciate the opportunity to be able to get out there when all of the pleasure DONKS aren't out. I have a few simple thoughts, do with them what you will:
                        1) just a little more advance notice would be really great. from what I remember, you usually post it roughly a week out. If I even knew one more week in advance, I would have the opportunity to take the day off more often.
                        2) maybe have a couple of them on a Thursday, or some other alternate day, in order to allow those who can never make a Friday a chance to participate.
                        3) you could potentially vary the launch location once or twice, just to change the scenery a bit (especially for those who can't run as far).
                        4) oh, I thought of a 4th...never let 31 participate. The River can only filter out so much waste in a short time.

Thanks again, Larry, can't thank you enough for organizing these, wonderful "low key" feel that's welcoming to anyone. Love them.
                        sigpic
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. I will take them into consideration and see what I can do. Thanks guys.
                          2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
                          2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
                          2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
                          2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
                          "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                          sigpic

Comment

Larry, nobody mentioned this and I just thought about it today. I really like the way you update the original post with the status of who is fishing. I personally like being able to quickly know who is fishing the txs mainly so I know who I need to introduce myself to and who are the repeaters, it just makes it so easy to find out who really is fishing without having to keep track thru all the replies.

Thanks again.
                            sigpic

A friend is a present you give to yourself

Comment

Yeah Doug. It is much easier to edit the original post and add teams/names than it is to scroll to the last reply and copy/paste, etc....IMHO.
                              2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
                              2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
                              2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
                              2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
                              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                              sigpic

Comment

leave LKA out of the question and fish the river!

Comment

Working...
                                X