March 22nd Weekend Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 22nd Weekend Report

All in all it was pretty tough conditions... My first set of clients wanted to catch some Stripers... We did Ok in the mornings and evenings boating around a dozen decent fish.. All of them were caught above hunters landing on shallow flats with swimbaits and jerkbaits... the biggest one was around 10 pounds or so.

During the middle of the day we decided to do a little crappie fishing. It was a little slow at first but once we located them (10 ft of water on a submerged oak tree above Terrys run) we wore them out. We lost count around 150 or so. The magic bait was a Bass Assasin "tiny shad" on a 1/16 jig head. None of them were huge but it was plenty of fun.

On Sunday I went out for the second half of the day to do some Largemouth fishing. It started out pretty slow, we saw several very nice fish cruising shallows downlake but they were very spooky and not interested in our offerings. We moved out to a main lake hump and managed to boat a nice 4 pounder after a couple of missed hook sets. We then moved to a secondary point leading into a major downlake spawning area and boated 4 bass in about 20 mins. THEN IT HAPPENED... About a 6 pounder by my estimates hit Eric's Carolina rig and went strait for the surface, spit the lizard out in mid air and crushed morale. It happens it just really bites!!!

It was a tough weekend but I had some troopers with me that stuck with it and managed to make the best of it.
    www.hookedonlakeanna.com
    540-287-3591

sigpic
Working...
X