Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Report June 2 to June 9

Date: June 2 to June 9

Potomac River: The bite was on at the beginning of the week then we went back into that see-saw deal again toward the end of the week and its all weather related. I moved back south for this week fishing from Mattawoman to Aquia. I found most of my bass on the outside edges of the grass using a white Booyah spinnerbait earlier in the week. As the week wore on it was an old fashion grind it out flippin and piching afair but still near the edge of the grass. The best lure was a green-pumpkin YUM Wooley Bug rigged on a 1/2-oz weight with 65-pound Bass Pro braid as our landing rope. You had to get it in tight to the thicker clumps and patience was the name of the game. We did get into a patch of 4-pounders in one area. Finding clean water will be the challenge this coming week.

Lake Anna: Bass were on fire in the water-willow grass up the North Anna earlier in the week. Black Booyah buzzbaits and chartreuse/white 1/4oz Booyah spinnerbaits were top producers. When the bite slowed around mid day you could coax a few bites on a weightless YUM dinger in black with blue fleck. The water-willow bite will continue for at least another 2-weeks.

Thanks Teddy for the update; Very useful and very important info!!!!!
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
    2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

Curious to what your view (Teddy) is on the state of the river.......
      sigpic
      sigpic

Comment

I think the weather is killing us....the water temp went from 79 to 73 almost over night in a stretch last week....the wind and rain is taxing the grass to the limit in some places...until we get some stable weather patterns its really hard to get an honest feel for things.

Comment

I have seen two giant grassbeds completely disappear when all the water drained out 2 weeks ago. We also caught a redfish in pohick so my guess is when the water came back up so did the salt level. Lot of crazy variables going on this year. Makes things interesting.
          2010 VAO March Madness Overall Winner
          2010 VAO Dog Days Duel Overall Winner

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X