• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report week ending 3-15-First reportof the year

Week ending March 15, 2009

Tidal Potomac River
    No report this week.

Lake Anna
    *Well here we go folks it started for me this past Saturday. It was cold and rainy the only thing missing was the 25-mph north wind. I spent most of the day fishing off-shore and deeper structure. After beating that dead horse around lunch I decided to take a peak shallow and sure enough fish were up in 2 to 4-foot of water. My clients got a first hand look at how important it is to eliminate water and narrow your focus. But admittedly so old fat boy here should have done it a little faster maybe we would have been able to add a couple more fish to the boat. But the bass are in true Anna form the fish we caught looked like a March Madness basketballs. Best lures were a BOMBER Flat-A (Tenn. shad) and a YUM 4-inch Houdini worm in watermelon with a chartreuse dipped tail fished on a BOOYAH football shaky head.
    For more info on Lake Anna check out this site www.va-outdoors.com
    Rappahannock River

Other Places
    Susquehanna River- OA Guide Jon Else did a little recon mission on the upper part of the river (Above Montgomery Ferry) and had a great day tossing 4-inch tube baits into smaller eddies. Jon picked off nearly 40-bass and loss a bunch. More than a dozen of those bass weighed 3-pounds or more with the biggest weighing 3 and a half. He is pumped up about his up coming trips.

Sponsor of the week: Castaway Rods
    It's always nice to come home. That's just what I did concerning my rod sponsor. I moved back home to be with Castaway Rods again. I immediately got a familiar feeling when I set the hook on my first bass this week and the old Castaway feeling of how I use to fight a bass came rushing back to me and it felt GREAT!! I was using a brand new standard 7-mag series rod in a medium action for my shaky head, a rod that I picked especially for that application and it was perfect choice. You can get Castaway Rods at the Shore Store at Anna Point Marina or Greentop Sporting Goods. It's nice to be back home I should have never left!!

I
Working...
X