Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report week ending 4-25

Week ending April 25, 2009

The weather has been all over the place and so has the fish, but we're catching them and its been good, lots of adjustments and I like it that way .

Tidal Potomac River

I worked staging areas and deep marinas the first part of the week. Most of those fish were caught on drop-shots and shaky heads (you won't hear that to often in one of my Potomac reports). But as the week progressed I moved back south and went back to a red XCalibur lipless crankbait, Booyah Boogie Baits, and shallow running crankbaits. I mixed in grass fishing with some marsh fishing. We did very well with herring colored Booyah Vibra-Flx spinnerbaits in the marsh. On Friday I was in the run and gun mode and had a couple good ol' boys that were willing to run with me. We caught fish on just about every stop on a whole variety of lures. Look for the major spawn to happen on this next full moon, but I said that about the last new moon. I covered the river this week in Occoquan, Chicamuxen, Chopawamsic, Arkendale, and Aquia Creek.

Lake Anna

Did not fish here this week.

For more info on Lake Anna check out this site www.va-outdoors.com

Rappahannock River

No report here this week.

Other Places

I traveled down to Buggs Island this past week and hit them pretty hard however we did not have any big fish. I worked around the mid-lake area. We found the fish inside the coves relating just out in front of the bushes. They were more than willing to whack a firetiger Bomber Flat A crankbait. I look for the big girls to pull in tight to the bushes this coming week.

Sponsor of the week: Mac's Service Center

For a second straight week I want to let you guys know about a guy I lean on very hard to help me out that is not an official sponsor. Mac McManus own Mac's Service Center in Ashland, Va. (804) 368-0213 and takes care of all the needs on my GEICO Powersports suburban. I just had Mac hook me up with some new Cooper Tires and they ride superbly while towing my Z-9. They have a full service auto repair shop and Mac is one of us, a devout Bass Dude. His special this week I believe is buy a set of Cooper Tires and he'll come over and wash your bass boat!!
Working...
X