X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report week ending 5-9

Week ending May 9, 2010

Tidal Potomac River

The wind was a factor for sure on the Potomac for both good and bad reasons. It muddied some of my areas but made fishing outstanding in others. I kept my area of operation small this week working from Quantico creek to Mattawoman Creek. I concentrated on bass inside creeks on grass as well as marsh, we caught both pre-spawn and post spawn fish. Best lures were a YUM 5-inch Money Minnow swimbait in the Hitch color, Booyah Boogie Baits in white, and shallow running cranks like the Rebel Wee-R in bone/orange. We also got on a little topwater bite, look for the Pop-R bite to take hold this week.

Lake Anna

I only got out for a half day trip this week and spent it up in the Pamunkey. I got on a very good traditional post-spawn crankbait bite. I worked rocky and stumpy points with a pearl/blue back Bomber Fat Free Shad crankbait. Soon topwater will work around these same areas. I worked from Ware Creek up to the S-Turns and up in Terrys Run.

For more info on Lake Anna check out this site www.va-outdoors.com

Rappahannock River

No report here this week.

Other Places

Sponsor of the week: Booyah

I relied on an old friend in the opening Bassmaster Weekend Series tournament this past weekend. Booyah's 1/4-ounce chartreuse and white spinnerbait with a number 2 Colorado blade and a number 4 willow-leaf blade. Its a perfect target bait and the right size for post-spawn bass. I used it to pick apart wind blown grassy points in the tournament. I also put this little jewel in the hands of my clients because I know its going to yield them results.
Working...
X